The Campus Living Villages Fund
The Campus Living Villages Fund (the CLV Fund) is a specialist student accommodation wholesale investment vehicle comprising four stapled Australian registered managed investment schemes.
Established in January 2007, the CLV Fund is managed by the responsible entity Campus Living Funds Management Limited (CLFM), a wholly owned subsidiary of the Transfield Holdings Group.
CLFM is ultimately responsible for attracting investment, managing the CLV business and setting its strategic direction.
Attracting stable, long term investment
The CLV Fund aims to offer an integrated and tax-efficient funding solution that provides considerable financial capability and reduces risk for partner institutions. The CLV Fund aims to provide:
- A stable, low-risk vehicle for the long-term ownership and operation of student accommodation facilities
- Cash distributions and capital growth
- The ability to minimise exposure to the volatility of public equity markets
- Geographic diversity of owned assets
- A vehicle for long-term investment
- A structure of ownership that isolates each new development, reducing risk transfer in the portfolio
- Access to capital (subject to investment criteria being met)
Investors in the CLV Fund currently comprise large institutional investors and superannuation funds.
Preference for on-campus accommodation
CLV's facilities seek to achieve high occupancy levels and strong market share through establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial partner relationships, geographic spread and a stable, long-term demand for higher education. Our preferred model of on-campus student accommodation means our business is resilient even in times of economic uncertainty.