Campus Living Villages
What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
• Permanent position
• Salary Circa: £25,000 per annum
• Average 42 hours per week (4 on, 4 off)
• 25 days holidays, 8 Public holidays and Birthday day off
• Bike2work Scheme
• Seasonal Ticket Loan
• Childcare Voucher
• BUPA Membership
• Life Assurance
• 2 Paid Volunteering days a year
• Group Pension Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
Who are we?
Campus Living Villages is a global provider of student accommodation across four regions. We are committed to creating tailored student communities that suit the unique culture of each campus and Universities we work with.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for two Night Managers to join our team at Bournemouth Student Village. You will be reporting to the Village Director and will work closely with our village staff and managers across our Villages.
Please note that the successful candidate will be asked to provide references and to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, prior to their proposed start date.
What will you be doing?
• Provide a point of contact for residents and security for noise, security and safety matters
• Ensure enforcement of Village Rules by providing an authoritative presence in all areas of the Village
• Manage and resolve conflict when exposed to difficult situations, working with the Resident Assistants as required
• Escalate issues to the appropriate personnel, or external authorities, as required
• Be familiar with operational procedures and perform handovers with the security team
• Assist in processing resident information, including applications, offers and posting of resident charges and debt management
• Maintain a comprehensive understanding of village resident information
• Work with the village team to ensure delivery of social programmes and events
• Update and maintain computerised records of residents
• Provide regular and ad hoc reports as required
• Ensure the accurate maintenance of records relating to maintenance, Health and Safety and incidents in the Village
• Ensure common areas are presented to a high standard, by initiating maintenance and cleaning actions when required
• Perform room inspections with the administration and maintenance teams and produce associated reports
• Respond to and record incidents in the Village, alerting the Village Director/Operations Manager accordingly
• Ensure all matters that can affect the health and safety of residents or visitors are followed up accurately and quickly
• Receive payment of rent and other charges from residents, in accordance with residential policies and procedures
• Ensure payment plans are clearly communicated to residents
• Perform end of day / banking reconciliation
• Liaise with maintenance staff, security and contractors
• Issue and close maintenance work orders where required
• Support the Village by carrying out other tasks that will improve the delivery of service to the residents
• Completion of a management training course or equivalent (Desirable)
• Qualified First Aider (Desirable)
Our Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working in by following the below values. It is expected for all our employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a daily basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position and location you’re applying for.