40 Hours Per Week (5 days out of 7 on a rota basis)
Salary Circa: £20,400
25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for a Night Manager to be based at our Bedfordshire Student Village. The ideal candidate will have supervisory experience within a hospitality and customer service environment.
What you will be doing:
The Night Manager acts as supervisor ensuring business continuity during their prescribed shift. Duties include:
- Maintaining safety and security of all Village residents and staff; ensuring enforcement of Village Rules by having a continual presence in all areas of the Village
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict when exposed to difficult situations and the escalation to appropriate personnel for follow up
- To ensure public and common areas are presented to a high standard with implementation of maintenance and cleaning actions when required
- Assist in the processing of resident information in the PMS including applications, offers and posting of resident charges; comprehensive understanding of the Village PMS
- Support in the planning and operation of campus summer stays, the maintenance team and administration
- Support the Village Accountant to ensure accurate records and follow up are achieved
- Work with the Facilities Manager and Administration team to complete room checks and reports
- Work closely with the Village team ensuring delivery of programs, events and residents’ conflict management
- Provide a point of contact for residents and security for noise, security and safety matters at all hours
- Be familiar with facility operations to determine and communicate after hours requirements
What are the challenges?
- Becoming familiar with the student environment
- Establishing authority in the Village
- Ensuring stability and order is maintained within the Village
- Activating correct support as required to avoid unnecessary escalation
- Managing conflict while on shift
- Ensuring all operational and safety policies are followed
- Provide a high level of customer service to all stake holders including residents, the Village team, the university, suppliers, other Villages, and head office
- Use initiative to resolve issues and find solutions
- Manage all situations with the Village’s best interest in mind
- Adhere to the requirements of health and safety, data protection and other legislation that impacts on your employment
- Carry out work with integrity
What you will need:
- Ability to manage multiple agendas and timelines
- Ability to stay calm in all situations to maintain control and positive outcome
- Genuine approach to customer service
- Good security knowledge
- Able to manage relationships for optimum outcome
- Knowledge of computers and IT systems
- Experience in influencing the outcomes of a small team
- Quiet confidence when things feel like they are in turmoil
It would be beneficial if you have:
- Minimum 2 years previous supervision role in a hospitality environment
- Completion of management training course or equivalent
- Proficiency in the use of computers including Microsoft word, Excel and project and data base management systems
- Proven high quality written and verbal communication skills are essential as are negotiating skills
- Ability to manage and direct staff in the operation of their duties
- Ability to communicate with clients understanding the particular needs of young adults resident in student accommodation
- First aid certificate – required (clv will assist if this is not in place)
- Responsible service of alcohol certificate (clv may assist if this is not in place)
- Door security certificate or equivalent experience
- Current drivers’ license
Our Core Values
CLV’s goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all CLV employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day to day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
To apply for any of our vacancies, please send us your CV.
In your email or cover letter, please include the job title and location that you are applying for.