Full Time (40 hours per week)
Salary Circa: £25,000
- 25 Days Holidays Plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Bupa membership
- Childcare Vouchers
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loans
Who are we looking for?
Growth is soaring in the UK, and we are searching for a forward thinking, enthusiastic Tax Assistant to join our Finance team, based at our Salford Quays Office. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking for a company that can offer job stability and security.
This role would suit a dedicated professional who will play a vital role in the finance team, reporting to Tax Manager.
What does the role involve?
- Assist with the preparation of group companies’ corporation tax computations, returns and liabilities
- Prepare accounting calculations, journals and notes for statutory accounts purposes including deferred tax and balance sheet reconciliations
- Use of relevant software to prepare corporation tax returns
- Tagging of statutory accounts in iXBRL format for submission to HMRC
- Forecast of quarterly instalment payments and other tax payments
- Assist with the preparation of group VAT returns and liabilities and optimise VAT recovery
- Provide VAT advice to Finance and the wider business
- Prepare employer tax year end returns
- Prepare tax calculations for three year rolling budgets
- Undertake analysis of accounting records for Tax and Finance purposes
- Assist the UK tax Manager in providing tax advice to the Finance and wider functions
- Assist the UK Tax Manager in reviewing and documenting processes, policies and procedures
- Ad hoc duties and projects as required.
What do you need to have?
- Desirable -a relevant tax qualification or working toward such qualification with potential for CLV support
- Experience of tax software (e.g. Alphatax and Aplhatag) and good Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- A good solid technical knowledge of Corporation Tax and VAT
- A background in finance and a good understanding of financial accounting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to analyse, interpret and communicate taxation clearly to both financial and non-financial stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
Do you have the qualification and experience?
- ATT qualified or looking towards ATT, CTA or similar tax qualification
- 2+ years’ experience in a financial/tax background
Our Core Values
CLV’s goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all CLV employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day to day basis:
Community: Be part of the One Team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, CLV expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.