Full Time 40 hours (5 days out of 7 on a rota basis)
Salary Circa: £27,000- £30,000 (depending on experience)
- 25 Days Holidays Plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Bupa membership
- Childcare Vouchers
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loans
Who are we looking for?
We are now recruiting for an interim Operations Manager to be based at our Bedfordshire Student Village, to take the Operational lead in the day-to-day running of the Village and to support the team and other managers.
What will you be doing?
- In conjunction with the Village Director, oversee the operation of all divisions of the Village sites (3 in total).
- Oversee the management of the “StarRez” database and the reporting requirements.
- Oversee the development, review and management of policies and procedures for the efficient processing of the new student applicants and residential agreements.
- Conduct site and room inspections of the Village to confirm that all standards and services are being delivered and Village presentation is checked for cleanliness and maintenance issues.
- Liaising with the Facilities team to ensure the streamlined delivery of services for students.
- Provide an escalation point of contact for the Duty Manager/Security for noise, security and safety matters out of office hours.
- Plan, organise and manage the Summer Stays summer programme.
- Plan and coordinate the Village’s participation in University open days.
- Assist with the organisation of resident activities and attend when appropriate.
- Provide ‘an ear’ and assistance to support residents.
- Motivate and lead the Village team, maintaining ongoing performance development of the staff.
- Dealing with any employee relations issues in line with company policies and with the support of HR.
- Assist the Village Director with recruitment needs, including interviewing and liaising with HR as required.
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure appropriate financial systems and reports are in place.
- In conjunction with the Village Director, and Sales & Retention, prepare marketing and sales plans for the Village and all its facilities.
What you will need:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office (Essential)
- Experience in a residential environment including a busy front of house (Essential)
- Experience of managing a team and multiple departments (Essential)
- Good knowledge of resident management systems (Desirable)
Are you qualified?
- Hospitality Management qualification or equivalent experience (Essential)
- First Aid qualification (Desirable)
- Management qualifications (Desirable)
- Current drivers licence (Desirable)
CLV Core Values
Our core values are at the heart of the business our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following;
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%