What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent position
- Salary: £28,350 per annum
- 42 hours per week average (4 on, 4 off working pattern)
- 25 days holidays, 8 bank holidays and your birthday off
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher
- BUPA Membership
- Life Assurance
- 2 paid voluntary days a year
- Group Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are currently looking for a Night Manager to join our team at Campus Living Villages: Birmingham Student Village. As a successful candidate, you will be reporting to the Village Director and will work closely with our village staff and Managers across our Villages.
Please note that the successful candidate will undergo and Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
What will you be doing?
- Maintain safety and security of all Village residents and staff
- Ensure enforcement of Village rules by having a continual presence in all areas of the village
- Manage and resolve conflict when exposed to difficult situations, working with the Resident Assistants as required
- Escalate issues to the appropriate personnel, or external authorities, as required
- Be familiar with operational procedures and perform handovers with the security team
- Support the Village accountant in ensuring accurate records are maintained
- Work with the Regional/Assistant Regional Maintenance Managers and the Customer Service team to complete room checks and reports.
- Familiarity to facility operations to determine and communicate after-hours requirements.
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict when exposed to difficult situations and the escalation to appropriate personnel for follow up.
- You will ensure public and common areas are presented to high standard with implementation of maintenance and cleaning actions when required.
- Perform room inspections with the administration and maintenance teams and produce
- Be able to provide a high level of customer service to all stake holders including residents, Village team, university, suppliers, other Villages and head office.
- Assist in processing resident information, including applications, offers and posting of resident charges
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of village resident information
- Support the planning and operation of summer stays
- Work with the resident Assistant team to ensure delivery of social programmes and events
Technical skills required:
- Proficient use of computers, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and databases (Essential)
Qualifications and experience required:
- Qualified First Aider (Desirable)
- Completion of a Management training course or equivalent (Desirable)
- Solid experience in a similar role, or ability to demonstrate transferrable skills (Essential)
- Experience of managing a small team (Desirable)
Campus Living Villages – Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all Campus Living Villages employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day-to-day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.