What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent position
- Salary: £9.60 per hour
- 12 hours per day (4 on 4 off working pattern, worked between 8pm and 8am)
- 25 days holidays, 8 bank holidays and your Birthday day off
- Bike2work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher
- BUPA Membership
- Life Assurance
- 2 paid voluntary days a year
- Group Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are currently looking for two Night Concierge to join our team at Campus Living Villages: Newport Student Village. As a successful candidate, you will be reporting to the Village Manager. You will work closely with our village staff to provide front of house services and response to queries. You’ll also provide accommodations administration services such as allocating rooms, taking bookings and monitoring payments and charges at the Village.
Please note that the successful candidate will undergo and Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
What will you be doing?
- Providing customer service and establish positive relationships with residents, Resident Life team, colleagues, suppliers and stakeholders
- Develop, plan and deliver Resident Life activities alongside the rest of the team.
- Carry out front office/reception administrative duties such as;
- Answer village phones
- Book taxi’s and assist with luggage
- Monitoring email accounts and responding to emails promptly
- Prepare Welcome packs and check-in information to residents and issue keys
- Conduct regular student surveys
- General clerical assistance
- Process customer bookings and payments, such as payments of rent and other charges in accordance with residential policies and procedures.
- Assist in the management of village debt.
- Assist with Sales and Marketing tasks such as, conducting resident and visitor tours of the village, outbound sales calls and update sales reports on StarRez database
- Conduct room inspections
- To be the point of contact for any issues or incidents, involving emergency services where necessary.
- Record incidents in the village and alert the Village Manager/Duty Manager accordingly
- Ensure security staff conduct their required duties.
- Maintain and adhere to a good Health and Safety practice
- Issue and close maintenance work orders where required
- Execute small maintenance and cleaning jobs such as;
- Change light bulbs
- Repair door locks
- Change batteries
- Emergency painting and plastering jobs
- Replace furniture and white goods as required.
- Ensure communal areas are kept clean
- Carry out emergency housekeeping tasks where required
Technical skills required:
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks in order to manage all questions, queries and deliveries, and complete daily cashing up of payments made at reception (Essential)
- Ability to manage conflicting agendas and deadlines (Essential)
- Excellent phone manner (Essential)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Essential)
- Ability to work on a rota system, 4 days on 4 days off (Essential)
- Initiative to resolve issues and find solutions (Essential)
- Excellent knowledge of the partner university culture and its stakeholders (Desirable)
- Knowledge of student accommodation and resident needs (Desirable)
Qualifications and experience required:
- Diploma in Hotel or Business Administration (Desirable)
- Previous experience in a Customer Service role (Essential)
- Extensive knowledge of software systems including Microsoft Office and databases (Essential)
Campus Living Villages – Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all Campus Living Villages employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day-to-day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.