What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent position
- Salary: up to £25,000
- Average 40 hours per week (5 out of 7 working pattern)
- 25 days holidays, 8 Public holidays and Birthday day off
- Bike2work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- BUPA Membership
- Life Assurance
- 2 Paid Volunteering days a year
- Group Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Assistant to join our team at Campus Living Villages: McMillan Student Village, London. You will be reporting to the Village Director and will work closely with our village staff and Managers across our Villages.
The successful candidate will be asked to provide references and to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, prior to their proposed start date.
What will you be doing?
- Perform planned and preventative maintenance work as directed and required, which may include but are not limited to; reactive joinery, reactive plumbing maintenance, minor electrical maintenance that does not involve wiring, small painting and decorating tasks and any other repair work that does not require a qualified tradesperson.
- Perform regular inspections of resident apartments.
- Be the first point of contact for staff and students with problems regarding access to building and problems with equipment.
- Transport furniture and equipment and assist in re-equipping accommodation with small items.
- Clear waste materials to the centralized bins.
- Ad-hoc maintenance of external grounds and car parks.
- Act as a member of the Fire Evacuation team.
- Complete Health and Safety checks and undertake Job Risk Assessments relating to role activities and rectify problems as required.
- Keep accurate and timely inspection, health and safety and maintenance records according to procedure.
- Be available for on-call services outside of normal working hours as directed by the Regional/Assistant Regional Maintenance managers.
- Provide Support and technical assistant to the Village Manager, Regional and Assistant Regional Managers.
What you need to have:
- Basic maintenance skills in a variety of disciplines (Essential)
- Familiarity with Fire and Health and Safety procedures (Essential)
- Ability to use relevant tools and equipment (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of cleaning methods and systems (Desirable)
- ICT skills in operating computer based systems e.g. entering data and retrieving information
Qualifications and Experience required:
- NVQ Level 2 in Building Maintenance or related discipline (Desirable)
- Basic First Aid
Our Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working in by following the below values. It is expected for all our employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a daily basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.