What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent Position
- Annual Salary: £27,000
- 40 hours per week average
- 25 days Annual Leave plus 8 Public Holidays and Birthday Leave
- Bike2work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Bupa Cash Plan Membership
- Group Life Assurance
- 2 x Paid Volunteering days per year
- Group Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Who are we?
Campus Living Villages is a global provider of student accommodation across four regions. We are committed to creating tailored student communities that suit the unique culture of each campus and Universities we work with.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for an Assistant Manager to join our team at Campus Living Villages: Liverpool Student Village, to assist the Village Manager in the daily running and the strategic direction of the Village. The Assistant Manager will report to the Village Manager and will work closely with our village staff and Managers across our Villages.
The successful candidate will need to provide referee details for obtaining references.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position and location you’re applying for.
What will you be doing?
- In conjunction with the Village Manager, to oversee the operation of all divisions of the Village
- Oversee the management of the “StarRez” database and the reporting requirements
- Plan, organise and manage the Summer Stays summer programme
- Oversee the development, review and management of policies and procedures for the efficient processing of the new student applicants and residential agreements
- Maintaining ongoing performance development of the team
- Conduct site inspections of the Village
- Liaising with the Regional Maintenance Manager to ensure the streamlined delivery of services for students and that resident room checks and reports are completed
- Work with the Commercial Finance Manager to ensure appropriate financial systems and reports are in place
- In conjunction with the Village Manager manage & supervise the Village Budgets and finances. The Operations Manager will ensure the effective communication and operations between the Accounts division
- Ensure a variety of activities are well planned and executed in line with the Village philosophy and budget
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of reports, including but not limited to; weekly sales report; balance score cards; and Village Advisory Board Packs
- Assist the Village Manager with the preparation of the Village’s annual business plan
- Plan and promote the summer program/Summer Stays period for the Village to potential guests
- Assist with the organisation of resident activities and attend when appropriate
- Provide an escalation point of contact for the Duty Manager/Security for noise, security and safety matters out of office hours
- Motivate and lead the Village team
- Assist the Village Manager with recruitment needs, including interviewing and liaising with CLV head office HR as required
What you need to have:
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office (Essential)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Essential)
- Good knowledge of resident management systems (Desirable)
- Hospitality Management qualification or equivalent experience (Essential)
- First Aid qualification (Desirable)
- Management qualifications (Desirable)
- Current Driver’s License (Desirable)
- Experience in a residential environment including a busy front of house (Essential)
- Experience of managing a team and multiple departments (Essential)
Our Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working in by following the below values. We expect all our employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a daily basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.