What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent position
- Salary Circa: £28,000
- 40 hours per week
- 25 days holidays, 8 Public holidays and Birthday day off
- Bike2work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher
- BUPA Membership
- Life Assurance
- 2 Paid Volunteering days a year
- Group Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for an Assistant Operations Manager to join our team at Campus Living Villages: Goldsmiths Student Village, London to assist the Village Manager in the daily running and the strategic direction of the Village.
What will you be doing?
Assist with the Management and Supervision of Village Operations
- Be the main point of contact for the main point of contact for the front of house and cleaning team
- Manage of resident data in StarRez and SharePoint Village workspace
- Manage of resident bookings, retention, cancellations and re-selling of vacated rooms
- Plan and manage the Summer Stays programme – bookings, allocations, customer service, project works, deep and turnaround cleans
- Manage of resident debt and be a lead point for the management of in-room debt
- Manage the performance of the front office staff and the completion of all their administrative tasks in line with CLV SOPs
- Manage and monitor customer service delivery via email, telephone and face to face communication
- Produce reports relating to debt, incidents, sales, balance scorecard and other as requested
- Liaise with the wider team to ensure the streamlined delivery of services for students
- Ensure ‘rounds’ of the Village are conducted to confirm that all standards and services are being delivered – these are to be conducted with all appropriate staff
- Supervision of the Duty Manager to ensure incidents and welfare issues are dealt with in a swift and timely manner
Marketing and Sales Co-ordination
- Plan and coordinate the Village’s participation in University open days
- Plan and promote the Summer Stays period for the Village to potential guests
- Work closely with the Sales team to co-ordinate and manage sales campaigns alongside the Village Manager
- In conjunction with Customer Service Officers and Duty Managers, be a main point of contact for residents
- Actively support the welfare of residents and colleagues
- Provide an escalation point of contact for the front office staff for customer complaints and resident issues
- Supervise the front office staff and manage their rota
- Conduct staff appraisals and promote staff development
- Manage any employee relations issues in line with company policies and with the support of Human Resources
- Work closely with the Village Life team to ensure Village Life KPIs are met, in conjunction with the site team
- Assist the Village Manager in the recording and management of snagging issues
What you need to have:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office (Essential)
- Good knowledge of resident management systems (Desirable)
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Management experience in a customer service environment (Essential)
- Experience of working in student accommodation (Desirable)
- Experience in a busy front of house office (Essential)
- Experience of managing debt (Desirable)
- Experience of managing a team (Essential)
- First Aid qualification (Desirable)
- Management qualifications (Desirable)
- Current drivers licence (Desirable)
Our Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working in by following the below values. It is expected for all our employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a daily basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.