What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent position
- Salary: up to £25,000 per annum
- 40 hours per week
- 25 days holidays, 8 bank holidays and your Birthday day off
- Bike2work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher
- BUPA Membership
- Life Assurance
- 2 Paid Volunteering days a year
- Group Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are currently looking for two Assistant Operations Manager to join our team at Campus Living Villages: Birmingham Student Village. As a successful candidate, you will be reporting to the Operations Manager and will work closely with our village staff and Managers across our Villages to provide a high level of customer service to all stakeholders. You will ensure operational continuity, stability and order in the Village.
Please note that the successful candidate will undergo and Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
What will you be doing?
You will be assisting the Operations Manager in the day-to-day running of the Village Front Office function and to support the Village Director in the strategic direction of the Village.
Management and Supervision of Village Operations
- Assist the Operations Manager with the management of the Front Office division of the Village
- Assist with the management of resident data in StarRez and SharePoint Village workspace
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager and Village Director manage resident bookings, retention, cancellations and re-selling of vacated rooms
- Assist the Operations Manager to plan and manage the Summer Stays programme – bookings, allocations, customer service
- Assist the Operations manager with the management of resident debt and be a lead point for the management of in-room debt
- Manage the performance of the front office staff and the completion of all their administrative tasks in line with CLV SOPs
- Manage and monitor customer service delivery via email, telephone and face to face communication
- Work with the Operations Manager to produce reports relating to debt, incidents, sales, balance scorecard and other as requested
- Liaise with the wider team to ensure the streamlined delivery of services for students
- Ensure ‘rounds’ of the Village are conducted to confirm that all standards and services are being delivered – these are to be conducted with all appropriate staff
- Marketing and Sales Co-ordination
- Plan and coordinate the Village’s participation in University open days
- Assist in the planning of, and promote, the Summer Stays period for the Village to potential guests
- In conjunction with Customer Service Officers and Duty Managers be a main point of contact for residents
- Assist with the organisation of village life activities and attend when appropriate
- Actively support the welfare of residents and colleagues
- Provide an escalation point of contact for the front office staff for customer complaints and resident issues
- Supervise the front office staff and manage their rota
- Conduct staff appraisals and promote staff development
- Manage any employee relations issues in line with company policies and with the support of Human Resources
- Provide out of hours support to the Village as required, to ensure that issues are escalated according to procedure
- All other reasonable duties from time to time as directed by the Operations Manager and Village Director
Qualifications and experience required:
- Management experience in a customer service environment (Essential)
- Experience of working in student accommodation (Desirable)
- Experience in a busy front of house office (Essential)
- Experience of managing debt (Desirable)
- Experience of managing a team (Essential)
- First Aid qualification (Desirable)
- Management qualifications (Desirable)
- Current drivers licence (Desirable)
Campus Living Villages – Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all Campus Living Villages employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day-to-day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.