Full Time 40 hours – Permanent
Benefits and Package:
- 25 Days Holidays Plus Bank Holidays
- Birthday Day Off
- Childcare Voucher
- Bike 2 Work
- BUPA cash plan
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- 2 Paid Voluntary days (charity of your choice)
We are currently looking for 2 Assistant Operations Managers to assist the Operation Managers in our Bournemouth Student Village.
What will you be doing?
You will be assisting the Operations Manager in the day-to-day running of the Village Front Office function and to support the Village Director in the strategic direction of the Village.
Management and Supervision of Village Operations
- Assist the Operations Manager with the management of the Front Office division of the Village
- Assist with the management of resident data in StarRez and SharePoint Village workspace
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager and Village Director manage resident bookings, retention, cancellations and re-selling of vacated rooms
- Assist the Operations Manager to plan and manage the Summer Stays programme – bookings, allocations, customer service
- Assist the Operations manager with the management of resident debt and be a lead point for the management of in-room debt
- Manage the performance of the front office staff and the completion of all their administrative tasks in line with CLV SOPs
- Manage and monitor customer service delivery via email, telephone and face to face communication
- Work with the Operations Manager to produce reports relating to debt, incidents, sales, balance scorecard and other as requested
- Liaise with the wider team to ensure the streamlined delivery of services for students
- Ensure ‘rounds’ of the Village are conducted to confirm that all standards and services are being delivered – these are to be conducted with all appropriate staff
Marketing and Sales Co-ordination
- Plan and coordinate the Village’s participation in University open days
- Assist in the planning of, and promote, the Summer Stays period for the Village to potential guests
- In conjunction with Customer Service Officers and Duty Managers be a main point of contact for residents
- Assist with the organisation of village life activities and attend when appropriate
- Actively support the welfare of residents and colleagues
- Provide an escalation point of contact for the front office staff for customer complaints and resident issues
- Supervise the front office staff and manage their rota
- Conduct staff appraisals and promote staff development
- Manage any employee relations issues in line with company policies and with the support of Human Resources
- Provide out of hours support to the Village as required, to ensure that issues are escalated according to procedure
- All other reasonable duties from time to time as directed by the Operations Manager and Village Director
What do you need to have?
- Management experience in a customer service environment (Essential)
- Experience of working in student accommodation (Desirable)
- Experience in a busy front of house office (Essential)
- Experience of managing debt (Desirable)
- Experience of managing a team (Essential)
- First Aid qualification (Desirable)
- Management qualifications (Desirable)
- Current drivers licence (Desirable)
- The successful applicant will undergo an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
CLV Core Values
CLV’s goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all CLV employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day-to-day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, CLV expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.