Full Time 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday with some occasional weekend when required)
Salary Circa £38,000- £42,000 (depending on experience)
- Bupa membership
- Childcare Vouchers
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loans
Who are we looking for?
We are currently recruiting for a Assistant Regional Maintenance Manager to be based in South East region to manage all technical planned maintenance and corrective works at our student villages based in London, Sutton Bonington and Colchester area.
What does the role involve?
- To assist the Regional Maintenance Manager in managing all technical planned maintenance and corrective works at student villages within a defined region, ensuring statutory compliance is maintained at all times.
- To act as the intelligent client in the day to day management of all Hard FM based service contracts within a defined region, to assist with the Management of CapEx refurbishments and life cycle replacements within the defined region, to provide technical input on asset condition inspections and life cycle costing plans and to provide technical support to village Directors/Managers, and local maintenance teams within a defined region.
- Contribute to developing the maintenance plan and assist with managing the delivery and timely completion of all PPM’s at the designated student villages in accordance with CLV’s agreed maintenance plan ensuring statutory compliance at all times
- Assist with the development of technical specifications for hard FM planned maintenance ensuring compliance with relevant legislation & appropriate Approved Codes of Practise
- Contribute to the development of consistent and effective procedures for reviewing contractor risk assessments and method statements, and issuing appropriate permits prior to contractor arrival at student villages
- Assist with the production of accurate and timely reports for Village Management and other agreed stakeholders relating to delivery of Planned Maintenance and any corrective work arising including but not confined to monthly performance measures, balanced scorecard, Service Level Agreements, University Liaison etc.
- Provide Village Management and reactive maintenance teams with technical advice and support when required on all aspects of Hard FM building services
- Working collaboratively with CapEx Manager(s) ensure updates are made to asset plans and facility condition index relating to Hard FM assets
- Help monitor outstanding work order requests & in collaboration with Village Management and maintenance teams develop cost effective early intervention plans to resolve
- Provide technical input into new student village mobilisations in relation to Hard FM, Planned Maintenance, appropriate contracts etc.
- In collaboration with the CapEx Manager conduct inspections and surveys of student villages to assess condition and CapEx work requirements
Cap Ex Work Management and Delivery
- Working collaboratively with CapEx Manager(s) to asses needs help prepare forward life cycle replacement plans to maintain Hard FM asset condition to required levels and standards
- Assist with the preparation of condition reports relating to Hard FM assets and make recommendations for replacements / renovations
- Contribute to submissions for Hard FM projects for internal approval preparing business cases as and when required
- Working with the CapEx Manager(s) help prepare designs and specifications relating to minor works projects, refurbishments, renovations, replacements that are cost-effective, meet facility lifecycle and safety requirements and provide value engineered solutions creating optimum return for CLV
- Assist with Identifying, appointing and managing technical related consultants, as required
Financial and Budget Management
- Contribute to the preparation of annual budgets for Planned Maintenance activities at each designated student village.
- Assist with monitoring monthly Repair and Maintenance spend to ensure costs are contained within budget and prepare monthly commentary to justify exceptions
- Contribute to preparation of cost plans for CapEx works and ensure costs are contained within the agreed budget and prepare monthly commentary to justify exceptions
Risk and Safety Management
- Assist with Implementing CLV Risk & Safety Management System (RSMS) in relation to control of contractors and maintenance operations
- Provide input into the continuous improvement of the RSMS and work with the National Health and Safety Manager to implement any changes required.
What you’ll need is:
- Strong technical knowledge of building services (Essential)
- Ability to explain complex technical matters clearly and simply (Essential)
- Ability to manage contracts/contractors (Essential)
- Strong technical knowledge of statutory compliance and certification within the built environment (Essential)
- Superior organisational and time management skills with the ability to set manage and lead
- competing priorities (Essential)
- History of effectively managing maintenance budgets, including forecasting and inputting to the budget setting process (Essential)
- A commercial approach to business in order to find a balance between applying best practice wherever possible against financial necessity (Essential)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in preparing correspondence, submissions, presentations and reports (Essential)
- Articulate and persuasive, and able to communicate challenges and solutions to a broad range of stakeholder groups (Essential)
Ideally you will have;
- At least 5 years’ experience managing within multisite Hard FM environment, including, but not limited to hospitality, higher education or property services (Essential)
- At least 5 years’ experience of Planned Preventative Maintenance Programmes
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project (Essential)
- A degree or equivalent qualification (or equivalent experience) in a relevant technical discipline such as mechanical, electrical or environmental engineering(Essential)
- Full driving licence (Essential)
- Health & Safety IOSH/NEBOSH (Desirable)
CLV Core Values
Our core values are at the heart of the business our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following;
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%