Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary circa £35,000
- 25 Days Holidays Plus Bank Holidays and a day off for your birthday
- Childcare Voucher
- Bike 2 Work
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Paid 2 voluntary a year
What are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Regional Maintenance Manager to provide technical support to Village Directors/Managers and local maintenance teams within a defined region. The successful candidate will be based in our Sutton Bonington student village however they require an extensive travel to other villages within the region.
This role offers a great opportunity in a dynamic and growing organisation with strong values and excellent national and development opportunities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist the Regional Maintenance Manager in managing all technical planned maintenance and corrective works at regional student villages, ensuring statutory compliance is maintained at all times.
- You will act as the intelligent client in the day-to-day management of all Hard Facility Management based service contracts and assist with the management of CapEx refurbishments and life-cycle replacements.
- Provide technical input on asset condition inspections and life cycle costing plans.
- CapEx work management & delivery
- Financial and budget management
- Risk & Safety management
- Relationship management, such as developing and maintaining excellent partnerships with the key stakeholders (i.e. Regional General manager, Student village management, CapEx Managers and reactive maintenance teams).
- Working with the commercial development team to help ensure that pre-enabling and infrastructure works for new student villages are in place to enable the commissioning and practical completion of new buildings and building refurbishments added to the CLV portfolio.
- Contribute to energy management within the designated region, helping to prepare business cases that support energy savings through effective asset management and best practice initiatives
What technical skills do you need to have?
- Strong technical knowledge of building services (Essential)
- Ability to explain complex technical matters clearly and simply (Essential)
- Ability to manage contracts/contractors (Essential)
- Strong technical knowledge of statutory compliance and certification within the built environment (Essential)
- Superior organisational and time management skills with the ability to set manage and lead
- Competing priorities (Essential)
- History of effectively managing maintenance budgets, including forecasting and inputting to the budget setting process (Essential)
- A commercial approach to business in order to find a balance between applying best practice wherever possible against financial necessity (Essential)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in preparing correspondence, submissions, presentations and reports (Essential)
- Articulate and persuasive, and able to communicate challenges and solutions to a broad range of stakeholder groups (Essential)
- Experience in building technology in respect of construction and maintenance, including specialist knowledge of HV, water management, pressure regulations, heating systems, fire alarms, access control and CCTV (Desirable)
- Previous experience of commissioning the design of electrical and/or mechanical engineering systems(Desirable)
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving (Desirable)
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills (Desirable)
- The successful applicant will undergo an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree or equivalent qualification (or equivalent experience) in a relevant technical discipline such as mechanical, electrical or environmental engineering(Essential)
- Full driving licence (Essential)
- Project Management qualification (Desirable)
- Health & Safety IOSH/NEBOSH (Desirable)
- At least 5 years’ experience managing within multisite Hard FM environment, including, but not limited to hospitality, higher education or property services (Essential)
- At least 5 years’ experience of Planned Preventative Maintenance Programmes
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project (Essential)
CLV Core Values
CLV’s goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all CLV employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day to day basis:
Community : Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect : Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality : Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability : Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm : Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, CLV expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.