Are you excited by planning and delivering business excellence? Do you love solving complex problems? Do you want to be part of building a high performing team and developing talent for the future?
Campus Living Villages (CLV) aspires to set the global standard in student accommodation. As a business we go beyond providing quality buildings and facilities, working to create exciting communities, learning opportunities and memories for our residents that last a lifetime.
Our Core Values CLV’s goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all CLV employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day to day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
Summary of the Role
Lead the budgeting process for annual facilities spend and implementation, using benchmarking and financial data to drive smart asset management strategies and efficiencies, and to protect and enhance operating margins.
- Maintain under review the performance, operating context and risk of the Company’s property assets, whether owned, part-owned or leased, including the maintenance of a current Asset Plan in relation to each property, together with its Life Cycle Cost Plan
- Lead a national team of facilities management professionals
- Collaborate closely with operational managers to derive and implement safe, customer driven and cost effective facilities management solutions
- Present detailed business cases to secure capital investment approvals, and oversee capital expenditure management, commitments and processes made in relation to operational assets
- Lead the budgeting process for annual facilities spend and implementation, using benchmarking and financial data to drive smart asset management strategies and efficiencies, and to protect and enhance operating margins
- Develop and execute the asset management strategy for the Group’s operational asset portfolio across the US region in accordance with risk appetite, budget and business plan objectives
- Provide leadership, through the Regional Facilities Managers (RFMs), in delivering Asset Management Plans (AMPs), and ensure there is a consistent approach to implementation and assessing opportunities. (The role may entail direct oversight of facilities management at a small number of key Villages)
- Together with the Business Improvement area, develop and implement processes and procedures to drive quality, and operational and cost efficiency, in the delivery of facilities management services
- Promulgate and lead a customer-focused approach to facilities management services at Villages
- Assist in the development, review and determination of key capital expenditure business cases proposed across the US portfolio, ensuring accurate and commercially appropriate Asset Plans and Life Cycle Cost Plans (LCCPs) are in place for all assets, and that each adopts a consistent approach.
- Management of replacement reserve funds, including ensuring adequate spending whilst maintaining balances for existing future works, for each Village.
- Identify shortcomings in asset quality and amenity which offer revenue realization opportunities and develop proposals for addressing these.
- Drive periodic budget and forecast preparation activities (including capital expenditure), ensuring that investment plans support good asset management practice, and that robust forecast tools are in place to track and report on asset performance
- Ensure that business managers have an appreciation of asset management aims and methods, including through the facilitation and leadership of training
- Regularly update the Executive Team and the Board on property performance
- Manage the scoping, bidding and roll out of major replacement or refurbishment projects undertaken at various facilities as required.
- Work closely with AVP Procurement to ensure product selection and pricing maximizes business objectives.
- Develop and participate in the standardization of products used, shop layouts, standard operating procedures, etc.
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing asset and facilities management strategies, processes, routines and tools in respect of high value commercial or residential properties (Essential)
- Proven track record in developing cost-effective risk mitigation strategies for large scale property assets (Essential).
- Finance and budget management skills in the commercial property or student accommodation sector (Essential)
- Risk management expertise (Essential)
- Ability to understand tertiary education sector asset expectations and drivers (Essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication including ability to prepare and present work scopes, budget commentaries and influential reports and presentations (Essential)
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making and negotiation skills (Essential).
- Excellent organizational skills relating to time, task and priority management (Essential)
- Strong computer literacy, including financial modelling (Microsoft Office and proprietary asset management software) and project management applications (Essential)
- Proven team leadership skills (Essential)
- Substantial experience in commercial or large scale residential property management and/or portfolio management, including experience in asset planning (Essential).
- Sound understanding of property development and/or project management fundamentals with strong industry experience (Essential)
- Proven ability in working collaboratively and liaising successfully with teams across national organizations (Essential).
- Experience in student housing or similar market-facing accommodation asset class (Desirable)
- Bachelor degree, plus a minimum of ten years’ experience in the field of asset and facilities management
- Relevant professional accreditations and/or post graduate qualification.
This Position Description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of all duties and responsibilities. Campus Living Villages reserves the right to change this description at its discretion.