The AVP of Facilities strives to promote, guide and support CLV US in creating villages that are the place for students to live, learn and grow. Liaises with CLV global facilities and Villages to guide and supports the effort to provide an exciting living experience for students, in quality accommodation, through strong and sustainable partnerships with vendors, implementation of construction, safety and risk analysis programs, and preventive maintenance practices, and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. This position is based in Houston, TX. Relocation assistance available.
- Utilizes financial data to diagnose facilities strengths and weaknesses and identify the implications for potential strategies and projects; keeps a financial perspective in the forefront when making strategic decisions.
- Demonstrates a keen understanding of facilities operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive facilities costs; draws from personal experience to quickly evaluate plans and processes to identify data or recommendations that need further investigation.
- Translates strategic facilities priorities into operational reality; aligns communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
- Establishes and commits to a long-term direction based on an analysis of systemic information and consideration of resources, market drivers, and organizational values.
- Communicates a compelling view of the future state in a way that helps others understand and feel how facilities outcomes will be different when the vision and values become a reality.
- Initiates and maintains strategic relationships with stakeholders inside and outside the organization (e.g., customers, peers, cross-functional partners, external vendors, and alliance partners) to advance business goals.
- Creates and executes influence strategies that persuade key stakeholders to take action that will advance shared interests and business goals.
- Ensures that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafts and implements service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
Performance and Team Development
- Drives high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously works to meet or exceed challenging goals; derives satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Establishes systems and processes to attract, develop, engage, and retain talented individuals; creates a work environment where people can realize their full potential, thus allowing the organization to meet current and future business challenges.
- Shares authority and responsibilities with others to move decision making and accountability downward through the organization to enable individuals to stretch their capabilities, and accomplish the business unit’s strategic priorities.
- Provides feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; plans and supports the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Clearly and succinctly conveys information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicates in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention.
- Demonstrates a poised, credible, and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect; conveying an image that is consistent with the organization’s vision and values
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience.
- Previous experience in roles that require interaction with customers.
- Ability to be positive and maintain a calm and pleasant approach at work.
- Exposure to writing ‘Scopes of Work’ for maintenance & refurbishment work
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University; and two years of safety professional experience; or a two year degree and at least ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of ten years education and experience.