What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent position
- Salary Circa: £27,000
- 40 hours per week (5 days out of 7 including weekends)
- 25 days holidays plus 8 bank holidays and a day off for your birthday
- Bike2work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher
- BUPA Membership
- Life Assurance
- 2 paid voluntary days a year
- Pension Contributions Scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme
What are we looking for?
We are now recruiting for a Building Maintenance Officer on a permanent basis to join our team based in Bournemouth.
You will be providing support and technical assistance to the Village Director and Operations Manager, supervising the in house maintenance team across 3 sites delivering quality, cost-effective, planned and reactive maintenance services which do not require the immediate attention of an external tradesperson.
This role offers a great opportunity in a dynamic and growing organisation with strong values and excellent national and development opportunities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Co-coordinating and performing maintenance duties, such as Planned and Preventative maintenance (tests, inspections), as well as electrical maintenance and repairs.
- Carrying out reactive joinery, building fabric maintenance, reactive plumbing maintenance as well as any other repair work that does not require a qualified tradesperson.
- Using company systems and procedures to identify work, produce and close work orders, assess fault history and produce reports to the Regional and Assistant Regional Maintenance Managers.
- Assisting in the management of contractors including issuing permits to work where appropriate
- Carrying out assessments and evaluations of equipment, installations, asset conditions as well as managing stock and maintaining spares and consumables.
- Supervising the safe removal of waste materials, and ensure that grounds and car parks are well maintained assist with internal cleaning if required.
- Acting as a member of the Fire Evacuation team and perform regular Health & Safety checks, undertaking Job Risk Assessments relating to role activities.
- Carrying out general duties outside of normal working ours when required (i.e. some weekends/summer vacations).
What technical skills/qualifications do you need to have?
- Knowledge of electrical faults and maintenance systems
- Basic maintenance skills in a variety of disciplines
- Familiarity with Fire and Health and Safety procedures
- Ability to use relevant tools and equipment
- Use of computer systems, ability to input basic data and send/receive emails
- Electrical faults and maintenance experience
- General building maintenance experience
- Electrical qualifications to BS7671, as approved by 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations
- Experience of supervising a team
CLV Core Values
CLV’s goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all CLV employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day to day basis:
Community : Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect : Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality : Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability : Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm : Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, CLV expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.
Please note, the successful candidate will undergo an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.