What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent Position
- Competitive Salary
- 40 hours per week (5 out of 7 days per week, 8am-5pm)
- 25 days Annual Leave, plus a day off for your Birthday and additional days for long service
- 8 Public Holidays
- Bupa Cash Plan Membership
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Who are we?
Campus Living Villages is a global provider of student accommodation across four regions (Australia, New Zealand, USA and UK). We are committed to creating tailored student communities that suit the unique culture of each campus and Universities we work with.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for a Building Maintenance Officer to join our Maintenance team at Campus Living Villages, Prince Consort Village, W12 8PL.
The Building Maintenance Officer will be providing technical assistance to the village by supervising the in-hour maintenance to deliver quality, cost-effective, planned and reactive maintenance series (which do not require the immediate attention of a trade person).
The successful candidate will need to provide evidence of their Right to Work in the UK, any relevant qualifications and referee details for obtaining two employment references.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to Recruitment.PCV@clvuk.com stating the position and location you are applying for.
What will you be doing?
- Perform Planned and Preventative Maintenance work, including electrical maintenance and repairs (i.e. emergency lighting fitting, testing maintenance, fire alarm testing and inspections)
- Reactive joinery and building maintenance (such as repairs, door hanging, hinge replacement, fixing noticeboards, small painting and decorating tasks)
- Reactive plumbing maintenance (such as tap washers, toilet seat replacement, tightening leaking joints)
- Other repair work that does not require a qualified tradesperson.
- Use company electronic systems and procedures to identify work, produce and close work orders, assess fault history and produce reports to the FM and VM as requested.
- Ensure compliance of equipment and installations to new and revised standards, regulations, laws and approved codes of practice (ACOPs).
- Evaluate asset condition for programming future replacements and refurbishments.
- Assess need for external tradespeople and monitor contractor performance.
- Stock ordering, control and management of maintenance spares and consumables.
- Complete regular H&S checks, rectifying problems when required.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of H&S checks.
- Undertake Job Risk Assessments relating to role activities.
- Carry out duties outside normal working hours when requested (i.e. Some weekends and summer vacations).
- Provide support and technical assistance to the Village Manager and Facilities Manager
- Participate in village and university open days as required (i.e. resident tours and show-rounds).
What skills do you need to have?
- Knowledge of electrical faults and maintenance systems (Essential)
- Basic maintenance skills in a variety of disciplines (Essential)
- Familiarity with Fire and Health and Safety procedures (Essential)
- Ability to use relevant tools and equipment (Essential)
- Use of computer systems, ability to input basic data and send/receive emails (Highly Desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of cleaning methods and systems (Desirable)
What Qualifications and Experience are required?
- Electrical qualifications to BS7671, as approved by 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations (Essential)
- NVQ/City & Guilds Level 2 in Building Maintenance or related discipline (Highly Desirable)
- Basic First Aid (Desirable)
- Full UK Drivers License and own car (Desirable)
- Electrical faults and maintenance experience (Essential)
- General building maintenance experience (Essential)
- Experience working within a safety management system (Desirable)
- Experience working with computers (Desirable)
Our Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working in by following the below values. We expect all our employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a daily basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.