Full Time 40 Hours (5 days out of 7 on a rota basis)
Salary Circa: £27,000
25 Days Holidays Plus 8 Bank Holidays
Employee Benefits Package includes;
– Bupa membership
– Childcare Vouchers
– Pension Scheme
– Life Assurance
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Seasonal Ticket Loans
– Training Opportunities
Who are we?
We are a global student accommodation provider across the United Kingdom, Australia, the United States, and New Zealand. We manage student communities around the globe. Growth is soaring in the UK therefore this is an exciting time to join us.
Who are we looking for?
Due to expansion we are looking for a Building Maintenance Technician for our Bournemouth Student Villages. This opportunity will give you exposure to enhance your buildings and maintenance experience in this key role by providing high quality facilities services to our students.
What will you be doing?
- Perform Planned and Preventative Maintenance work as directed and required
- Perform electrical maintenance and repairs such as; cooker repairs and swaps, immersion heater repairs and swaps, electrical testing, inspections, replacing fuses and resetting of MCBs or RCDs, repairs to lighting and power installations.
- Perform emergency light fitting, testing, maintenance, inspections, repairs and swaps as required
- Perform fire alarm testing, inspections, minor repairs and swaps
- Perform reactive joinery and building fabric maintenance such as lock repairs, door hanging, hinge replacement, fixing noticeboards, small painting and decorating tasks
- Perform reactive plumbing maintenance such as tap washers, toilet seat replacement, tightening leaking joints
- Any other repair work that does not require a qualified tradesperson
- Use company electronic systems and procedures to identify work, produce and close work orders, assess fault history and produce reports to the Village Director as requested
- Assess equipment and installations in conformance to new and revised standards, regulations, laws and approved codes of practice (ACOPs)
- Evaluate asset condition for programming future replacements and refurbishments
- Assess need for external tradespeople and monitor contractor performance
- Assist in stock ordering, control and management of maintenance spares and consumables
- Perform regular inspections of resident apartments and complete inspection checklist
Do you have the technical skills?
- Knowledge of electrical faults and maintenance systems (Essential)
- Basic maintenance skills in a variety of disciplines (Essential)
- Familiarity with Fire and Health and Safety procedures (Essential)
- Ability to use relevant tools and equipment (Essential)
- Use of computer systems, ability to input basic data and send/receive emails (Highly Desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of cleaning methods and systems (Desirable)
Do you have the Qualifications?
- Electrical qualifications to BS7671, as approved by 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations (Desirable)
- NVQ/City & Guilds Level 2 in Building Maintenance or related discipline (Highly Desirable)
- Basic First Aid (Desirable)
- Full UK Drivers Licence (Essential)
CLV Core Values
Our core values are at the heart of the business our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following;
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%
To apply for any of our vacancies, please send us your CV.
In your email or cover letter, please include the job title and location that you are applying for.