Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary circa £25,000 plus 10% bonus
- 25 Days Holidays Plus Bank Holidays and a day off for your birthday
- Childcare Voucher
- Bike 2 Work
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
What are we looking for?
We are now recruiting for a Business Development Executive on a permanent basis to join our team based in the Village Central Manchester in MediaCityUK.
You will be working with the Business Development Manager to deliver sales strategies to grow business and achieve maximum Short and Summer Stays revenue from new and existing clients.
This role offers a great opportunity in a dynamic and growing organisation with strong values and excellent national and development opportunities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building relationships amongst universities and suppliers (including Professional Conference Organisers, travel agents, schools etc.), developing and utilizing contacts in Meetings, Incentives, Conference and Events, Free Independent travel, as well as group travel industry.
- Monitor customer demand across the resident network to enable demand-driven product development.
- Support village managers to help ensure the interface for guests/delegates is seamless and that the customer service levels are of a high standard.
- Liaise with third party supplies and caterers to meet the needs of, and maximize revenue from Summer Stays.
- Support Village Managers to prepare and operationalise the village for summer business including setting of rates/pricing, cost of sales analysis and assisting with summer marketing budgeting. Also provide support for procurement, service providers management, and developing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prepare campaign reports, post summer reports and regular reports detailing weekly sales activity, conversion rates and monthly reports for Operations and Villages.
- Manage engagement with group organisers to successfully convert leads to sales. This includes a proactive call cycle and follow up, and multiple contacts with potential group organisers to build relationships.
- Work with Village Managers to understand key target audiences suitable for each village
- Follow up with all sales leads after the event/conference to gain feedback and generate leads for future business
What technical skills do you need to have?
- Key management competencies (delivering results, planning and organizing, relationship building).
- Strong, self-motivated sales focus
- Proven strong relationship building skills and networking skills
- Excellent, clear and effective written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to meet tight timeframes and multi-task, without compromising accuracy
- Proven decision making ability in a commercial environment
- High level of competency in a range of software packages including MS Publisher, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to identify opportunities a mile away
- Natural ability to work either on their own or within a team environment
- An ability to ‘think outside the square’ to find solutions
- Attention to detail
- An infectious positive can-do attitude
CLV Core Values
CLV’s goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all CLV employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day to day basis:
Community : Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect : Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality : Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability : Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm : Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, CLV expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.