What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent position
- Salary Circa: £60,000-£65,000
- 40 hours per week
- 25 days holidays, 8 Public holidays and Birthday day off
- Bike2work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher
- BUPA Membership
- Life Assurance
- 2 Paid Volunteering days a year
- Group Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for a Capital Works Manager to join our Development team based at Village Central London to manage replacement, renovation and refurbishment programmes across the student accommodation portfolio.
What will you be doing?
- Progress multiple projects from inception, design, engineering, construction, completion and handover
- Business case preparation and manage project timelines
- Undertake the role of Project Manager for assigned Replacement, Renovation and Refurbishment projects at multiple locations.
- Prepare project execution plans and manage the project registers recording actions and risks.
- Prepare project budgets and manage costs by applying change/variation control processes.
- Lead the project design process in the preparation of designs and specifications that are cost-effective, meet facility lifecycle and safety requirements and provide value engineered solutions
- Ensure that planning and building approvals are achieved in accordance with feasibility, time and cost constraints
- Agreement of procurement strategy and assist in the tender/appointment process of consultants and contractors with the Procurement Manager
- Preparation of the scope of work documentation, specifications, drawings and bills of quantity for tendering process
- Prepare appropriate building or sub-contractor construction contracts/agreements (JCT, NEC etc.) in conjunction with the Procurement Manager and Legal Advisor
- Organise and chair regular progress meetings including on site pre commencement meetings, site progress meetings, and design meetings.
- Ensure that all work is delivered in accordance with the specification and of high quality
- Inspect and operate defects clearance procedure.
- Prepare O&M manual information and ensure that it is complete and verified before handover to regional maintenance management.
- Contract administration of the design, engineering and construction contracts for example JCT / NEC and consultant forms of appointment
- Prepare and present cost reports including estimation of project payments (cash outflow) and any actual or potential cost variations
- Confirm with the Property Asset Manager the life cycle cost plan (LCCP) adjustments based on the as installed elements / equipment and specifications
- Relationship Management with all key stakeholders, staff, University Executive
What you need to have:
- Strong technical understanding of construction, refurbishment, building services and life-cycle costing.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to set, manage and lead competing priorities.
- A commercial approach to business in order to find a balance between applying best practice wherever possible against financial necessity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills preparing correspondence, submissions, presentations and reports Articulate and persuasive, and able to communicate challenges and solutions to a broad range of stakeholder groups.
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- At least 5 years’ experience managing multi-stream refurbishment projects in a service based industry, including, but not limited to hospitality, higher education or property services (Essential)
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project (Essential)
- NEC3 Contract experience (Desirable)
- Degree in Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying, Construction, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or similar discipline (Essential)
- Full driving license (Essential)
- Project Management (Prince2) (Desirable
Our Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working in by following the below values. It is expected for all our employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a daily basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.