Are you excited by planning and delivering business excellence? Do you love solving complex problems? Are you a team player who thrives on collaboration with colleagues? Do you want to be part of building a high performing team and developing talent for the future?
Campus Living Villages (CLV) aspires to set the global standard in student accommodation. As a business we go beyond providing quality buildings and facilities, working to create exciting communities, learning opportunities and memories for our residents that last a lifetime.
Our Core Values CLV’s goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all CLV employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day to day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
- Provide guidance and leadership to students, directly and through the supervision of student residential staff.
- Maintains the Village programming budget.
- Implement and maintain an active residence life program.
- Handle emergency or problem situations in an efficient and effective manner to ensure the safety and well-being of residents.
- Be available to residents for complaints, room changes and suggestions.
- Manage discipline matters through the established procedures.
- Facilitate resolution of roommate issues.
- Escalate resident issues when necessary to ensure appropriate response and resolution.
- Liaises with University
- Be knowledgeable about community and University rules and regulations in order to appropriately explain and enforce them when interacting with residents and visitors.
- Promote and encourage resident participation in University sponsored activities.
- Keep residents informed of pertinent campus information and deadlines.
- Be familiar with campus and community resources and services.
- Develop relationships across a variety of university departments.
- Seeks out opportunities to be involved in university operations by volunteering to serve on university committees and task forces.
- Demonstrated experience in community development, crisis response and staff supervision
- Ability to establish harmonious working relationships with members of the University community
- Experience working with diverse populations and educating students on issues of diversity
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high traffic environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- 2-3 year experience in housing/residential life. Master’s degree in student affairs, higher education administration, education or related field preferred.