Part Time 30 Hours (5 days out of 7 on a rota basis)
Salary: £7.21 p/h
25 Days Holidays (Pro rata) Plus 8 Bank Holidays
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a full time cleaner to join our existing team at our Student Village set in the tranquil countryside of Sutton Bonington.
What will you be doing?
- Cleaning and Housekeeping – clean accommodation areas, including but not limited to vacuuming, sweeping and mopping, dusting, wiping and polishing glass, cleaning public and disabled toilets; wiping and clearing laundry machines, emptying bins, cleaning internal windows
- Cleaning staff areas
- Assisting and overseeing contract cleaners to ensure the accommodation receives a periodic deep clean
- Set up rooms
- Report defects and missing items or any health and safety related concerns to line manager or facilities team.
- Complete residential property Health and Safety inspection sheets for internal areas of designated properties including communal areas such as kitchens, showers, toilets, fire appliances and fire exit routes, general defects and faults
- Check and inspect resident flats as directed
- Use appropriate signage to warn residents of any potential hazards, such as wet floors
- Assist in re-equipping the flats each summer by changing small items
- Alert line manager when cleaning stock levels need replenishing
- Carry out duties outside normal working hours when requested
- Participate in Village open days
- Carry out resident tours and show-rounds
- Provide support, assistance and cover for the village team as required
- Attend training courses and briefings as required by the accommodation section
- Introduce new starters to general procedures
- Perform any other duties consistent with the nature and responsibilities of the post
What you’ll need:
- Eye for detail
- Reasonable level of physical fitness
- Experience in a similar role
It would be beneficial if you have:
- Basic knowledge and experience of cleaning methods and systems
- Awareness of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Previous commercial cleaning experience
- Basic knowledge of working with computers
You will need to be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal, communication skills, take pride in your work and a willingness to work hard in order to provide quality service to Bonington Student Village.
Our Core Values
Our core values are at the heart of the business our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%