What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent position
- Salary Circa: £12,215 per annum
- 30 hours per week
- 25 days holidays, 8 Public holidays and Birthday day off
- Bike2work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- BUPA Membership
- Life Assurance
- 2 Paid Volunteering days a year
- Group Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for a Cleaner to join our team at Campus Living Villages: Rusholme Student Village to provide a high standard of cleaning and housekeeping services, compliant with our Partners’ Service level Agreements.
What will you be doing?
Cleaning and housekeeping
- Clean accommodation areas – both designated routine areas and ad-hoc requests from line manager – including (but not limited to):
- Sweeping and mopping
- Wiping and polishing glass and signage
- Cleaning public and disabled toilets
- Wiping and clearing laundry machines
- Emptying bins
- Cleaning internal windows
- Clean staff areas – both designated routine areas and ad-hoc requests from line manager – including (but not limited to):
- Cleaning staff kitchen, appliances and cupboards
- Dusting and wiping computer equipment
- Dusting office surfaces
- Emptying bins
- Assist and oversee contract cleaners to ensure the accommodation receives periodic deep cleans
- Set up rooms and place amenities for summer stays programme
- Use vacuum cleaner, other cleaning equipment and cleaning machinery such as floor buffer
- Report defects and missing items or any health and safety related concerns to line manager or facilities team.
- Check, inspect and complete residential property Health and Safety inspection sheets for internal areas of designated properties.
- Use appropriate signage to warn residents of any potential hazards, such as wet floors
- Assist in re-equipping the flats each summer by changing small items
- Alert line manager when cleaning stock levels need replenishing
- Carry out duties outside normal working hours when requested i.e. Key weekends and summer vacations
- Participate in village open days as required
- Carry out resident tours and show-rounds as requested
- Provide support, assistance and cover for the village team as required
- Attend training courses and briefings as required by the accommodation section (e.g. manual handling, health and safety, new equipment instructions, use of chemicals and cleaning material, safe systems of work for all activities, customer care skills, Equality and diversity)
- Introduce new starters to general procedures
What you need to have:
- Eye for detail (Essential)
- Reasonable level of physical fitness (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of cleaning methods and systems (Desirable)
- Awareness of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations (Desirable)
- Previous commercial cleaning experience (Desirable)
- Experience working with computers (Desirable)
Our Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working in by following the below values. It is expected for all our employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a daily basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.