What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent position
- Salary: £7.83 per hour
- 6 hours per week
- 25 days holidays, 8 bank holidays and your birthday off
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher
- BUPA Membership
- Life Assurance
- 2 paid voluntary days a year
- Group Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are currently looking for two Cleaner to join our team at Campus Living Villages: Bournemouth Student Village. As a successful candidate, you will be reporting to the Operations Manager and will work closely with our village staff and Managers across our Villages, providing a high standard of cleaning and housekeeping services compliant with the Service Level Agreements.
Please note that the successful candidate will undergo and Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
What will you be doing?
- Clean all accommodation and staff areas – both designated routine areas and ad-hoc requests from line manager.
- Assist and oversee contract cleaners to ensure the accommodation received periodic deep cleans.
- Set up room sand place amenities for summer stays programme.
- Use vacuum cleaner, other cleaning equipment and cleaning machinery, such as a floor buffer.
- Report defects and missing items or any health and safety related concerns to line manager or facilities team. This includes missing or used fire appliances, trip and slip hazards, broken windows, fire door closer faults, infestations such as mice, spiders, etc.
- Complete residential property Health and Safety inspection sheets for internal areas of designated properties including communal areas such as kitchens, showers, toilets, fire appliances and fire exit routes, general defects and faults
- Carry out resident tours and show-rounds as requested
- Provide support, assistance and cover for the village team as required
- Attend training courses and briefings as required by the accommodation section (e.g. manual handling, health and safety, new equipment instructions, use of chemicals and cleaning material, safe systems of work for all activities, customer care skills, Equality and diversity)
- Introduce new starters to general procedures
- Perform any other duties consistent with the nature and responsibilities of the post
Technical skills required:
- Eye for detail (Essential)
- Reasonable level of physical fitness (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of cleaning methods and systems (Desirable)
- Awareness of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations (Desirable)
Qualifications and experience required:
- Previous commercial cleaning experience (Desirable)
- Experience working with computers (Desirable)
Campus Living Villages – Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all Campus Living Villages employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day-to-day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.