Full-time, 40 hours per week – Permanent
Salary circa £40,000
- 25 Days Holidays Plus Bank Holidays
- Childcare Voucher
- Bike 2 Work
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
We are now recruiting for a Commercial Coordinator on a permanent basis to join our Commercial team based in Village Central London. This role offers a great opportunity in a dynamic and growing organisation with strong values and excellent national and development opportunities.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be assisting the Commercial team on a day-to-day basis with administrative support and bid coordination, whilst providing executive support to the Regional Executive Team (RET. You will also work with the National Risk and Safety Manager to ensure the office Health and Safety obligations are met.
What are we looking for?
- Assist the Commercial Director, Commercial Manager and the Development team with development and monitoring of planning strategy and bid programmes in line with reporting deadlines.
- Collate information at all stages of the bid process, format content ready for submission deadlines
- Appoint external parties required to support the bid process.
- Monitor post bid processes to integrate new assets into the business.
- Maintenance of project budgets and reporting.
- Coordinate project reports for Corporate Manager to be included in Board packs for Joint Venture Boards.
- Draft sections of the final bid to a high standard of presentation.
- Manage communications with universities through tender portals.
- Provide proactive administrative support to the RET and Commercial team, such as coordination and organized meetings, attending dialogue sessions and recording actions.
- Support Corporate Manager and admin team in Manchester.
- Act as the Office Health & Safety Coordinator, ensuring compliance with polices and legislative requirements
What technical skills do you need to have?
- Highly computer literate, with advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive customer care skills
- Skilled in document production, formatting and document management.
- Ability to organize meetings and events.
- Experience in coordinating and developing project bids and the production of bid materials.
- Multi-stream office administration, with ability to multi-task
- Executive support including diary management, travel bookings and organising meetings.
- Following Health & Safety policies
- Preparing high quality documents within tight deadlines (desirable).
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C, or equivalent.
- Relevant qualification at NVQ level 3, or equivalent (desirable).
CLV’s goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all CLV employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day to day basis:
Respect : Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Accountability : Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Enthusiasm : Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, CLV expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Equality : Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Community : Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
CLV Core Values