What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent position
- Salary: Depending On Experience
- 40 hours per week
- 25 days holidays, 8 Public holidays and Birthday day off
- Bike2work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher
- BUPA Membership
- Life Assurance
- 2 Paid Volunteering days a year
- Group Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are currently looking for a Commercial Finance Manager to join our Finance team at Campus Living Villages: Village Central Manchester to support our villages in financial decision-making and monitoring of performance through the financial year.
What will you be doing?
- Provide and explain accurate and timely financial performance information to key stakeholders both internally (UK and Global) and externally (JV Partners and banks)
- Budget and forecast preparation and cashflow management and reporting analysis
- Preparation of Debt compliance certificate reporting for Banks and other debt providers
- Understand the financing facilities in place, University arrangements and other project arrangements including financial covenants associated with villages in order to assess impact on these of financial performance
- Provide an effective business partner service to budget holders by supporting them in financial decision making, promoting good financial management, accountability and efficiency
- Compile and provide accurate and timely monthly management accounts including variance analysis to budget and forecast to heads of functions, senior management, group and village directors
- Compile and provide accurate and timely quarterly reports to Joint Venture partners in accordance with JV agreements; attend and contribute to relevant board meetings
- Prepare the annual budgets in conjunction with relevant external and internal stakeholders, produce quarterly reforecasts and provide support to budget holders throughout the process
- Financially monitor key obligations including Sinking Funds, LCCPs expenditure and other Village commitments
- Work closely and form effective working relationships with the key representatives from our JV partners, Heads of Department, Financial Accounting and Reporting Manager, Accounts Payable Manager, Treasury and Tax Manager
- Look to continuously improve the budgeting, forecasting and monthly reporting processes along with those associated with JV reporting.
- Provide financial advice to budget holders and project leads as required, including, for example, support for business cases or costings, modelling, variance analysis and other ad hoc requirements
What you need to have:
- CCAB qualified
- Sound and recent knowledge of financial management in a service based company and up to date knowledge of
- Ability to analyse, interpret and communicate financial information clearly to both financial and non-financial stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to liaise with all relevant stakeholders, internal and external
- Strong attention to detail with robust problem solving skills
- Ability to deal with and prioritise multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and intermediate Word skills
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or similar
- 5+ years’ experience in both financial and management accounting
Campus Living Villages – Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all Campus Living Villages employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day-to-day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.