CLV NZ offers student accommodation to tertiary students, around New Zealand. We operate on a vision of supporting our students to Live, Learn and Grow and run a number of programmes that bring this vision to life. Every member of our team is critical to supporting students during their time at University.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and energetic person with exceptional interpersonal skills to assist the Village Manager by managing the Residential Life Program ensuring student success, wellbeing and engagement. This is a live-in role where you will be provided with a fully furnished 1 bedroom apartment.
Key skills and responsibilities will include:
- Create a supportive environment, which promotes community development, embraces diversity, academic success and supports residents to grow positive life skills.
- Guide, support and coach the Residential Assistant team
- Foster and develop positive behaviours among residents, aiming to prevent and address incidents within the community.
- Provide pastoral support for residents and manage and participate in Live Learn Grow, and Inter-Hall events.
- Support the personal development and growth of our residents while they achieve success with their tertiary studies.
- Maintaining the highest levels of communication via various methods which will include social media.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience and ability to lead a group of young Adults to support and engage the community Experience with pastoral care and understanding the needs of Young Adults and being able to respond and manage critical events in a calm and professional manner
- Lead with energy, respect, and empathy while being able to demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and making sound decisions.
- Have outstanding communication skills, attention for detail, be highly organised, work at pace within a timely manner and be able to adapt quickly to change while having a can-do attitude.
- Experience in conflict resolution and social media initiatives would be ideal
- Fun, energetic and outgoing personality is critical to be able to build relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to live on-site and act as an escalation point where required.
In return, you will be offered the following:
- Busy and fast paced role that is challenging and rewarding
- Be part of developing the foundation for an excellent team culture
- Work in modern and world class facilities
- Good salary
- Work with a Global organisation who are leaders in their field
- Supportive and inclusive management team
If you have the skills, experience and attitude that we are looking for then we would love to hear from you today! Please apply directly on the ‘apply now’ button.
The successful candidate will need to complete and have a satisfactory NZ Police check.