CLV NZ offers student accommodation to Tertiary students, around New Zealand and the Globe. We operate on a vision of supporting our students to Live, Learn and Grow and run a number of programmes that bring this vision to life. Every member of our team is critical to supporting students in the transition to Tertiary studies.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with exceptional interpersonal skills to join our Community Development team to maximise the delivery of pastoral care, academic support and programming across Canterbury to cover Maternity leave for approximately 6 months.
Key skills and responsibilities will include:
- Deliver and support a community programme that meets all objectives and goals
- Student liaison via face to face contact, email, phone and social media
- Deliver events and programmes across the Canterbury team
- Promote learning opportunities and resident participation
- Assist with administration functions within the village teams
- Working as part of a close knit Community Development team who are passionate about service delivery
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience and ability to engage young Adults to support and engage the community
- Experience with pastoral care and understanding the needs of Young Adults while being able to respond and manage critical events in a calm and professional manner.
- Work with energy, respect, and empathy while being able to demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and making sound decisions.
- Have outstanding communication skills, attention for detail, be highly organised, work at pace within a timely manner and be able to adapt quickly to change while having a can-do attitude.
- Experience in conflict resolution and social media initiatives would be ideal.
- Fun, energetic and outgoing personality is critical to be able to build relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
In return you will be offered the following:
- Busy and fast paced role that is challenging and rewarding.
- Great team culture.
- Good salary.
- Work with a Global organization who are leaders in their field.
- Supportive and inclusive management team.
If this role sounds like you and you think you have the skills, experience and attitude that we are looking for, then please apply directly on the link below.
Please note that the successful candidate will need to complete a satisfactory NZ Police Vetting.