CLV NZ offers student accommodation to Tertiary students, around New Zealand. We operate on a vision of supporting our students to Live, Learn and Grow and run a number of programmes that bring this vision to life.
This role will allow you to further develop not only your ‘security’ abilities, but also your communication and administration skills. This role is a rostered position from Tuesday – Sunday which predominantly covers hours that are outside of normal business hours.
You will focus on providing an efficient and effective security service which may include:
- Responding to incidents
- Locking and unlocking buildings and premises
- Patrolling the Villages in the evening and at night
- Acting as the first response officer in the event of a fire and emergencies
- Completing incident, accident and patrol reports
- Monitoring student behaviour and maintaining a respectful and balanced community
- Support residential staff members in managing resident behaviour and incidents
- Assist were relevant with critical or serious incidents
- Attend, oversee and/or deliver evening events for residents
- Assist with evening resident/ client check-ins as directed or rostered
- flexible regarding hours of work, which will include shift cover at times of 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Assist in the summer period with all duties relating to summer
- This is a rewarding role where the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- You will enjoy interacting with a variety of people, engaging your clear and welcoming communication style
- Strong work ethic, your friendly, warm and adaptable personality will help you succeed in this role
- Ideally you will have a proven background in security and/or experience working with young people
- Able to stay calm under pressure
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
In return you will be offered the following:
- Provided with excellent training
- Working within the student accommodation realm is a unique opportunity, resulting in a fun, fresh and energised environment
- Competitive salary
- Work for global leader
If this role sounds like you and you think you have the skills, experience and attitude that we are looking for, then please apply directly on the link below.
Please note that the successful candidate will need to complete a satisfactory NZ Police Vetting.