Compliance & Risk Manager
What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent Position
- Annual Salary: Dependent on Experience
- 37.5 hours per week – Monday – Friday
- 25 days Annual Leave
- 8 Public Holidays
- Birthday Day Off
- Extra days off for Length of Service
- Bupa Cash Plan Membership
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Who are we?
Campus Living Villages is a global provider of student accommodation across four regions (Australia, New Zealand, USA and UK). We are committed to creating tailored student communities that suit the unique culture of each campus and Universities we work with.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for Compliance & Risk Manager to join our team at Campus Living Villages. Whilst based within the Technology Team this is a general compliance and risk role in which you would provide a central support service responsible for high quality consistent monitoring and auditing of all areas of the business.
Acting independent of the various business functions, you will be responsible for tracking and reporting their adherence to various compliance items and overseeing risk whilst also taking ownership of document control and some data protection responsibilities
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position and location you’re applying for.
What will you be doing?
- Continual assessment of compliance against existing documented requirements.
- Evaluating archived corporate contracts and other records to identify other areas of contractual compliance not currently being monitored.
- Review external safety and building compliance audits for remedial items, track these recommendations and report on their completion status.
- Build and maintain a modest audit framework that can test and provide evidence that compliance records are valid and reliable.
- Perform unplanned internal audits and produce the relevant reports on performance.
- Act as a central point of document control, maintaining the document control platform and ensuring all compliance items are correctly associated with the relevant records.
- Provide assistance and address employee concerns or questions regarding compliance.
- Maintain compliance systems.
- Highlight compliance performance through recurring management reports and the development of dashboards with assistance from the wider Technology Team.
- Monitor data protection compliance across the business and assist in the processing of obligations as required under the regulation, such as Subject Access Requests.
- Promote risk culture and awareness in the Region.
- Ensure all risk and compliance actions are recorded in a central repository and tracked through to completion whilst highlighting non-compliance to the business.
- Represent the region at Group Risk and Compliance Committee meetings, tracking actions and reporting on performance.
- Provides oversight of risk registers and ensure they remain up to date.
- Validate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously.
- Collaborate with external auditors as required.
What you need to have:
- It is essential that candidates display excellent attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of the GDPR and the DPA 2018.
- Experience of working with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Ability to prioritise, with excellent time management skills.
- Experience of auditing business processes and compliance-based activities.
- Good ICT skills including working with data sets.
- The ability to extract key compliance information from substantial legal contracts and other agreements.
- Knowledge and understanding of building asset management and related compliance.
- Several years’ experience in a compliance environment.
- Have experience in risk management (identifying and managing risks/emerging risks)
- Experience of business process review/audit.
- Degree level education or Qualified or working towards an Internal Audit qualification or Compliance Diploma.
Our Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working in by following the below values. We expect all our employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a daily basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.