Campus Living Villages
What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
Salary Circa: £18,000 per annum
40 hours per week (5 days out of 7 on a rota basis, including
25 days holidays, 8 bank holidays and your birthday off
Seasonal Ticket Loan
2 paid voluntary days a year
Group Pension Scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for a Customer Service Officer to join our team at our Birmingham Student Village. The purpose of this exciting role is to provide outstanding assistance to existing and potential future students and short stay customers of Campus Living Villages.
To be successful, you will be a professional and enthusiastic person with an outgoing personality. You will help drive our accommodation service delivery forward whilst maximising occupancy of our bedrooms using your ability to build rapport with people naturally whilst influencing their decision.
You find it easy to communicate both in person and in writing and enjoy resolving any queries and challenges. You will be self-motivated and a fast learner, you are highly organised to juggle multiple tasks whilst remaining a team player and approachable, keen to support your colleagues in making a difference to our students.
This role offers a great opportunity in a dynamic and growing organisation with strong values and excellent national and global career and development opportunities. Occasional weekend working may be required to suit business needs.
What will you be doing?
• Establish positive relationships with the residents, colleagues, suppliers, the Resident Life team and stakeholders
• Provide excellent customer service through the operations of the reception services of the Village
• Manage the initial contact with residents and visitors
• Prepare and issue keys to residents
• Check in all individuals and groups to the Village, ensuring that payments are received for all bookings in accordance with residential procedures
• Liaise with and respond to resident queries in a friendly and efficient manner
• Communicate with residents on a regular basis, by phone, email and in person
• Monitor and update front-office/reception systems and processes as required
• Track, record and report the source of sales enquiries
• Conduct show rounds with prospective customers and their families
• Manage booking enquiries from residents and visitors
• Make outbound telephone sales calls
• Update and maintain computerised records of residents
• Conduct room inspections
• Ensure the accurate maintenance of records relating to maintenance, Health and Safety and incidents in the Village
• Follow up student accounts and assist in the management of village debt
• Respond to and record incidents in the Village, alerting the Village Director/Operations Manager accordingly
• Ensure all matters that can affect the health and safety of residents or visitors are followed up accurately and quickly
• Receive payment of rent and other charges from residents
• Ensure payment plans are clearly communicated to residents
• Perform end of day / banking reconciliation
• Liaise with maintenance staff, security and contractors
• Issue and close maintenance work orders where required
• Support the Village by carrying out other tasks that will improve the delivery of service to the residents
Technical skills required:
• Ability to deal with multiple tasks in order to manage all questions, queries and deliveries, and complete daily cashing up of payments made at reception (Essential)
• Excellent phone manner (Essential)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Essential)
• Ability to work on a rota system, 5 days out of 7 (Essential)
• Initiative to resolve issues and find solutions
• Excellent knowledge of the partner university culture and its stakeholders
• Knowledge of student accommodation and resident needs
Qualifications and experience required:
• First Aid at Work Certificate (Desirable)
Campus Living Villages Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all Campus Living Villages employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day-to-day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.
Please note that the successful candidate will undergo and Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter (optional) to email@example.com stating the position and location you are applying for.