What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent position
- Salary: £19,000 per annum
- 40 hours per week (5 days out of 7 between the hours of 8am-8pm, including occasional weekends)
- 25 days holidays, 8 bank holidays and your birthday off
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher
- BUPA Membership
- Life Assurance
- 2 paid voluntary days a year
- Group Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are currently looking for two Customer Service Officer to join our team at Campus Living Villages: Bedfordshire Student Village. As a successful candidate, you will be reporting to the Operations Manager and will work closely with our village staff and Managers across our Villages.
Please note that the successful candidate will undergo and Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
What will you be doing?
- To provide accommodation administration services, taking bookings, allocating rooms and monitoring payments and charges
- To provide front of house services for the Village, providing reception services and responding to queries.
- Support the National Sales Manager by tracking and reporting the sources of sales enquiries, and passing on leads for group summer bookings
- Process applications for the Village and enter onto the StarRez database
- Conduct ad hoc room inspections and provide reports as required.
- Maintain accurate records relating to maintenance, Health and Safety and other incidents in the Village.
- Receive and process payments of rent and other charged from residents in accordance with policies and procedures
- Assist with clear communications of payment plans and perform end of day/banking reconciliation.
Technical skills required:
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks in order to manage all questions, queries and deliveries, and complete daily cashing up of payments made at reception (Essential)
- Ability to manage conflicting agendas and deadlines (Essential)
- Excellent phone manner (Essential)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Essential)
- Ability to work on a rota system, 5 days out of 7 (Essential)
- Initiative to resolve issues and find solutions (Desirable)
- Excellent knowledge of the partner university culture and its stakeholders (Desirable)
- Knowledge of student accommodation and resident needs (Desirable)
- Ability to positively influence internal and external stakeholder relationships (Desirable)
Qualifications and experience required:
- Diploma in Hotel or Business Administration (Desirable)
- Previous Experience in a customer service role (Essential)
- Extensive knowledge of software systems including Microsoft Office and Databases (Essential)
CLV Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all Campus Living Villages employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day-to-day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.