CLV NZ offers student accommodation to Tertiary students, around New Zealand. We operate on a vision of supporting our students to Live, Learn and Grow and run a number of programmes that bring this vision to life. Every member of our team is critical to supporting students in the transition to University life.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with exceptional interpersonal skills to join our hardworking and fun team at Te Puni Village as a Deputy Head of Hall.
Key skills and responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that Te Puni Village is a supportive environment that promotes community development, embraces diversity, academic success and supports residents to grow positive life skills.
- Guide, support and coach the Residential Assistant team
- Assist the Village Manager to coordinate and run the business functions including H&S, administration, contractor management, team leadership, compliance to agreements, move in and move out, achieve budgets and care take the Village in HOH absence
- Provide pastoral support for residents and manage and participate in Live Learn Grow, and Inter-Hall events
- Assist with behavioural management and resident development
- Assist with key relationships with the University
- Maintaining the highest levels of communication and administration for the village
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience and ability to lead a group of young Adults to support and engage the community at Te Puni Village.
- Proven experience in a management position.
- Experience with pastoral care and understanding the needs of Young Adults and being able to respond and manage critical events in a calm and professional manner.
- Lead with energy, respect, and empathy while being able to demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and making sound decisions.
- Have outstanding communication skills, attention for detail, be highly organised, work at pace within a timely manner and be able to adapt quickly to change while having a can-do attitude.
- Experience in conflict resolution and social media initiatives would be ideal.
- Fun, energetic and outgoing personality is critical to be able to build relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
In return, you will be offered the following:
- Busy and faced paced role that is challenging and rewarding
- Great team culture
- Good salary
- Work with a Global organization who are leaders in their field
- Supportive and inclusive management team
If you have the skills, experience and attitude that we are looking for then we would love to hear from you today! Please apply directly via – https://www.seek.co.nz/job/37851987?_ga=2.189114158.40802032.1543792008-1040766615.1543532738
The successful candidate will need to complete and have a satisfactory NZ Police check.