What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent position
- Salary Circa: £25,000 per annum
- 40 hours per week
- 25 days holidays, 8 Public holidays and Birthday day off
- Bike2work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher
- BUPA Membership
- Life Assurance
- 2 Paid Volunteering days a year
- Group Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to join our UK ICT team at Village Central Manchester. As a successful candidate, you will be providing technical IT support over different aspects of IT including hardware, software and end user support. You’ll initially speak with users to discuss the problem and may remotely accessing their computer to diagnose and remedy the issue. Should the issue require escalation, you’ll assign ticket to the appropriate team or schedule a site visit (either with yourself or third party contractor).
What will you be doing?
- Deliver IT service and support to all users and service requests as well as promoting a self-service approach to reduce repeat demand via automation and business user education.
- Prioritise and assign new support tickets
- Resolve 1st and 2nd line support tickets through to completion, including the acquisition of higher level support where required.
- Troubleshoot and react appropriately to requests and systems alerts.
- Respond to System and Network notifications occurring during UK support hours including escalation to other operating regions based on the severity of the incident.
- Ensure that departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met.
- Coordinate asset and inventory management, including checks and audits according to our standards and processes.
- Occasionally travel throughout the UK when required and being flexible with working times.
- Create/update technical documentation and knowledge base articles.
- Use initiative to resolve issues and identify solutions, whilst at the same time adhering to the Change Control procedures currently in place.
- Provide support to ensure that the key business systems and applications are kept running at all times.
- Install, image and configure laptops, desktops, mobile devices, printers, VoIP phones and network equipment.
- Assist with ICT projects as and when required.
- Act as a point of contact for contractors and external suppliers and clearly communicate any technical issues.
What you need to have:
- Experience in administering and troubleshooting the following systems;
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 and 10.
- HP, Lenovo and Dell Hardware Support.
- Microsoft Office 2016.
- VoIP Systems.
- Active Directory and Office 365 Administration (Account Creation, Security, Permissions etc.).
- Use of deployment tools such as Microsoft SCCM and or MDT.
- Good networking knowledge of TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, Wi-Fi etc.
- Mobile phone support IOS/Android.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting hardware (diagnose internal faults & component replacement).
- Installs, Moves and Changes including building and desk moves.
- Printers including multifunctional devices and secure print.
- Experience with using remote desktop support tools including SCCM, DameWare etc.
- Excellent experience with using Service Desk software.
- A minimum of 5 years proven experience in a desktop support role
- ITIL v2 or 3 (Desirable).
- MCSA – Windows 10 (Desirable).
Our Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working in by following the below values. It is expected for all our employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a daily basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.