What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent position
- Salary: Depending on Experience
- 40 hours per week
- 25 days holidays, 8 bank holidays and your Birthday day off
- Bike2work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher
- BUPA Membership
- Life Assurance
- 2 Paid Volunteering days a year
- Group Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are currently looking for a Development Project Manager to join our team at Campus Living Villages (Manchester or London head office). You’ll be working closely within the Commercial team as well as our external advisors where you’ll be responsible for leading construction projects within the student accommodation sector for our UK University Partners. You will also be responsible for the on-site delivery of our developments whilst contributing to the bid process and the securing of new opportunities.
In this client-facing role, you will be presentable, deadline-focused and outcome-driven. By ensuring your projects are monitored closely you will aim to achieve high-quality design and construction, contributing to Campus Living Villages’ long term equity investment.
This is such an exciting time to be joining us at Campus Living Villages!
Closing date for applications: 3rd August 2018. Interviews will take place shortly after. To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and portfolio (optional) to email@example.com stating the position and location that you are applying for.
What will you be doing?
- Assist the Development Manager in meeting Campus Living Villages’ key objectives of initiating and completing developments on time and within budget to delivery to a standard of high quality.
- Assist the Development Manager in submitting bids and securing new opportunities for student accommodation in the UK
- Represent Campus Living Villages and maintain a high level of University liaison to maintain and improve University Partnerships
- Ensure designs, specifications and installations meet lifecycle assumptions by working closely with Facilities Management teams to understand impact of design on lifecycle costs in order to achieve whole life efficiencies.
- Oversee project and cost-management consultants in context of active developments by managing and promoting the flow of project information within Campus Living Villages and report on any significant programme risks, cost overruns or reputational risks
- Assist with the co-ordination and preparation of internal bid budget and investment papers, with monthly updates.
- Build and maintain market relationships with architects, builders, technical consultants and other development supply chain partners
- Apply project management skills to achieve timelines identified in each project, whilst maintaining a flexible approach in a dynamic environment
- Managing the priorities of multiple stakeholders including the University Partners
- Coordinate and manage communication and decision-making surrounding development projects
- Maintain a consistent approach to projects ensuring Campus Living Villages procedures, programmes and agreed cash flow forecasts are met (such as construction and consultant fee budgets)
What you need to have:
- Strong project management ability, including ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent organisational and deadline focused approach to management
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, energy and drive
- Good technical understanding of construction, building services, University partnerships, project finance and whole life costing
- Ability to think strategically and insightfully and to be able to work on own initiative, as well as leading and directing colleagues in the execution of project assignments.
- Interpret and clearly communicate accurate information
- Problem-solving skills and to being open new ideas.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to the requirements of the role, including travel and external meetings
Qualifications and experience required:
- Minimum of three years’ project management QS/building surveying/architectural experience
- Minimum degree level qualification demonstrating a high level of numerical literacy and analytical skill
Campus Living Villages – Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all Campus Living Villages employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day-to-day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.