Full Time, 40 hours per week (5 days out of 7 on a rota basis including some overnight sleep in cover)
Salary Circa; £23,000
- 25 Days Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Bupa membership
- Childcare Vouchers
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loans
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Duty Manager to join our existing team at our Prince Consort Student Village. The successful candidate will act as a supervisor, ensuring business continuity during their shift.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining safety and security of all Village residents and staff in accordance with Village Rules.
- Providing a point of contact for residents and security for noise, security and safety matters
- Managing and resolving difficult situations and ensure management are informed
- To ensure public and common areas are well presented, delegating to cleaning and maintenance staff
- Work closely with the team ensuring delivery of programs, events and residents’ conflict management
- Processing and updating resident information, including applications, offers and charges
- Supporting the planning and operation of campus summer stays
- Work with the team to complete room checks and reports
- Be familiar with facility operations to determine and communicate after hours requirements
What you will be responsible for:
- Becoming familiar with the student environment
- Establishing authority in the Village
- Ensuring stability and order is maintained within the Village
- Activating correct support as required to avoid unnecessary escalation
- Managing conflict while on shift
- Ensuring health and safety policies are adhered to
- Providing a high level of customer service to residents, Village team, university, suppliers, other Villages, and head office
- Using initiative to resolve issues and find solutions
- Adhering to the requirements of compliance legislation
- Carrying out work with integrity
What you’ll need:
- Customer service experience
- Experience of supervising a team & ability to manage relationships professionally
- Knowledge of computers and IT systems
- Ability to manage multiple agendas and timelines
- Good Security knowledge & experience
- Ability to stay calm in all situations to maintain control and positive outcome
- Quiet confidence when things feel like they are in turmoil
It would be ideal if you have:
- Completed a management training course or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role, or the ability to demonstrate transferrable skills
- Proficiency in the use of computers including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and database systems
- High quality written and verbal communication, alongside negotiating skills
- Ability to manage and direct staff in the operation of their duties
- Ability to communicate with clients, understanding the particular needs of young adults resident in student accommodation
- First aid certificate (or willingness to complete a training course)
- Current driving license
- Satisfactory result from Enhanced DBS check by Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as CRB check)
- Experience in an accommodation/hospitality background
CLV Core Values
Our core values are at the heart of the business our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following;
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%