Campus Living Villages
Campus Living Villages (CLV) is the leading provider of on-campus student accommodation in Australia. With over 44,000 beds owned, managed or under development across Australia, the United States, United Kingdom and New Zealand, CLV has an extensive track record for creating quality, purpose-built facilities and managing exciting student communities around the globe.
Macquarie University Village provides affordable, self-catered student accommodation on campus at Macquarie University in Sydney, New South Wales.
An exciting opportunity exists in our Australian business, for the role of Facilities Manager, reporting to the Asset Facilities Manager. The role will be based at Macquarie University Village
This role will be responsible for providing and supporting the management of the delivery of day to day and long term facility management across the Village.
- Management of maintenance services employee/s to ensure all Village facilities remain in good order.
- Manage and conduct the quarterly inspections of residents’ rooms and apartments, to ensure that they are maintained to the appropriate standard.
- Implement the Annual Maintenance Plan for the Village in conjunction with the Life Cycle Costing Plan and support the management on an ongoing basis.
- Ensuring that all maintenance requests from residents are attended to in a prompt and courteous manner.
- In conjunction with the Asset Facilities Manager, manage the Life Cycle Plan for residences.
- Develop appropriate scopes of works and contract documentation to allow service contracts to be tendered.
- In conjunction with the Village General Manager, coordinate the implementation of Risk Framework for the residence.
Essential Skills and Experience includes:
- Experience working in a service based industry.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct minor repairs to residential property.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask.
- Good communication skills to assist in the preparation for correspondence, presentations and reports and liaise with various stakeholders.
- Commitment to the delivery of maintenance services with a customer focus.
- A good knowledge of the Educational facility and its surrounds.
- High level of interpersonal skills including the ability to relate to people from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the overall team direction and can work with limited supervision.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritise a range of tasks.
- Previous experience in the management of maintenance schedules and life cycle costing plans.
- Currently completing or looking to complete an Associate Diploma or higher in Facilities Management or a related field.
- Trade licence in Electrical/ Communications, HVAC, Building/ Construction, Fire or Mechanical, or have experience deemed to be sufficient by Village Management.
- Current Australian Drivers Licence.
- Current National Police Check and current NSW Working with Children Check.
What does CLV offer you?
- Attractive total fixed remuneration (TFR) which includes employer superannuation contributions.
- Opportunities for career development and progression.
- An EAP program, which provides free counselling services to employees.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- Reward & Recognition program.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this opportunity, please send your cover letter, updated CV and any other supporting documentation, marked to the attention of Asset Facilities Manager by clicking the ‘Apply’ button.
Applications must be received by 5pm, Monday 18th November 2019.
Campus Living Villages is an equal opportunity employer. No applications for employment will be assessed on the basis of race, colour, nationality, national extraction, social origin, education, age, sex, sexual preference, gender history, marital status, partnerships, pregnancy, impairment, disability, medical record, religion, political opinion, trade union activity, irrelevant criminal record or any other means that contravenes relevant anti-discrimination legislation applicable within Australia.
The preferred applicant will be required to undergo and successfully complete a NSW Working with Children Check and Police Check.