Are you excited by planning and delivering business excellence? Do you love solving complex problems? Do you want to be part of building a high performing team and developing talent for the future?
Campus Living Villages (CLV) aspires to set the global standard in student accommodation. As a business we go beyond providing quality buildings and facilities, working to create exciting communities, learning opportunities and memories for our residents that last a lifetime.
Our Core Values CLV’s goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all CLV employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day to day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
Summary of the Role
- Deliver Facilities Management services to the Village in accordance with budget, service level agreements, and best industry practice and statutory requirements
- Ensure that all maintenance requests from residents are attended to in accordance with the agreed SLAs in a prompt and courteous manner
- Develop and maintain efficient / cost effective maintenance plans (in accordance with CLV template plan) and ensure that the plan optimizes cost effectiveness and operational efficiency
- Monitor and review service level agreements with relevant contractors / suppliers
- Maintain and develop (and implement where necessary) CLV’s electronic Asset Management system (TMA) at the village/s. Scheduling and closing reactive, preventative and corrective maintenance works
- Liaise with Village General Manager/Managers for input into village operations plans / business plans
- Ensure the Facilities Management SharePoint (document records storage) for the village is kept up to date and relevant
- Maintain and develop the life cycle costing plans for the Village and develop a CAPEX plan to maximise and maintain the cost effectiveness facilities condition index
- Liaise with village/s and develop appropriate scope of work for CAPEX and Refurbishment project works
- Project management of replacement/alteration/refurbishment CAPEX projects at the village/s including preparing the scope of work and assisting the National Facilities Manager/Procurement Manager in conjunction with the US Development team where applicable and other facilities staff
- Establish and review service level agreements with relevant contractor / suppliers in conjunction with CAPEX / Refurbishments projects
- Champion energy management at the village/s including consumption analysis, energy savings initiatives and assist the procurement manager in the negotiation with suppliers for the delivery of utilities and services to Villages (i.e. electricity, gas, water, data etc.)
- Monitor and maintain stocks of parts and materials for planned and reactive building maintenance and upkeep of plant and equipment
- Perform work place inspections
- Conduct regular inspections of resident apartments
- Report against the monthly maintenance plan
- Issue purchase orders as required for facilities operations and record on the village purchase order register
- Excellent written and communication skills in correspondence, presenting and reports and communication of operational initiatives and outcomes (Essential)
- Ability to set, manage and lead competing priorities (Essential)
- Ability to plan and manage budgets in conjunction with the General Manager, and to use and develop Village Life Cycle Costing Plans (Essential)
- Ability to assess complex matters and provide timely, relevant and succinct advice (Essential)
- Team leadership skills, with energy, passion and drive to achieve outstanding results and ensure the highest standard of outcomes (Essential)
- High ethical standards, integrity and commitment to all business and commercial dealings (Essential)
- Ability to work within a cross-functional environment, contributing across Facilities and non-facilities roles (Essential)
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving (Essential)
- Excellent ICT skills utilizing MS Office applications and other business systems (Essential)
- Project Management skills to lead the implementation of facilities CAPEX projects (Essential)
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Significant experience in a Facilities Management role (Essential)
- Experience in remote management of teams (Desirable)
- NSPF CPO certification or equivalent qualification (Essential)
- EPA CFC Certification (Essential)
- Full US Drivers License (Essential)
This Position Description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of all duties and responsibilities. Campus Living Villages reserves the right to change this description at its discretion.