What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent Position
- Annual Salary: Dependent on Experience
- 37.5 hours per week – Monday – Friday
- 25 days Annual Leave
- 8 Public Holidays
- Birthday Day Off
- Extra days off for Length of Service
- Bupa Cash Plan Membership
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Who are we?
Campus Living Villages is a global provider of student accommodation across four regions (Australia, New Zealand, USA and UK). We are committed to creating tailored student communities that suit the unique culture of each campus and Universities we work with.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for Finance Manager to join our team at Campus Living Villages based at our Media City Office. This role will be supporting Head Office departments and our Villages in financial decision making and to monitor performance through the financial year. You will provide and explain performance information to key stakeholders both internally and externally.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com stating the position and location you’re applying for.
What will you be doing?
- Provide an effective business partner service to budget holders by supporting them in financial decision making, promoting good financial management, accountability and efficiency
- Compile and provide accurate and timely monthly management accounts and UK CFO report including variance analysis to budget and forecast to heads of functions, senior management, group and village directors
- Responsible for Head office recharges to sites and intercompany within group
- Compile and provide accurate and timely quarterly reports to Heads of Departments and other budget holders.
- Prepare the annual budgets in conjunction with relevant external and internal stakeholders, produce quarterly reforecasts and provide support to budget holders throughout the process
- Financially monitor key obligations including Sinking Funds, LCCPs expenditure and other Village commitments
- Work closely and form effective working relationships with the key representatives from Heads of Department, Head of Commercial Accounting & Reporting, Accounts Payable Manager, Treasury and Tax Manager
- Look to continuously improve the budgeting, forecasting and monthly reporting processes along with those associated with JV reporting.
- Provide financial advice to budget holders and project leads as required, including, for example, support for business cases or costings, modelling, variance analysis and other ad hoc requirements
What you need to have:
- CCAB qualified
- Sound and recent knowledge of financial management in a service based company and up to date knowledge of
- Ability to analyse, interpret and communicate financial information clearly to both financial and non-financial stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to liaise with all relevant stakeholders, internal and external
- Strong attention to detail with robust problem solving skills
- Ability to deal with and prioritise multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and intermediate Word skills
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or similar
- 5+ years’ experience in both financial and management accounting
Our Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working in by following the below values. We expect all our employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a daily basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.