What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent Position
- Annual Salary: up to £60,000 (depending on experience)
- 37.5 hours per week
- 25 days Annual Leave
- 8 Public Holidays
- Birthday Day Off
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Bupa Cash Plan Membership
- Group Life Assurance
- 2 x Paid Volunteering days per year
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Who are we?
Campus Living Villages is a global provider of student accommodation across four regions (Australia, New Zealand, USA and UK). We are committed to creating tailored student communities that suit the unique culture of each campus and Universities we work with.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking to recruit a Head of Procurement to join our procurement function at Campus Living Villages. You will lead on all procurement, purchasing and supply contract activities, as well as the strategic development of procurement.
For an informal chat or a copy of the job description, please contact Kerstin Taylor on Kerstin.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful candidate will need to provide referee details for obtaining references.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
stating the position and location you’re applying for.
Closing date for applications: 31st March 2019
Interview commencing on 4th April 2019
- A commercial and risk aware approach to business in order to find a balance between applying best practice wherever possible against financial necessity(Essential)
- Strategic thinker, able to assess complex matters and provide timely, relevant succinct advice and lead the implementation of major initiatives (Essential)
- Superior organisational skills with the ability to set, manage and lead competing priorities (Essential)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in preparing reports, presentations and analysis (Essential)
- Articulate and persuasive, and able to communicate operational initiatives and outcomes to a broad range of stakeholder groups (Essential)
- Demonstrating high ethical standards, integrity and commitment to all business and commercial dealings (Essential)
- Knowledge of European Procurement Legislation (Essential)
- Demonstrable negotiation skills in a commercial environment
- Ability to build rapport quickly and maintain professional and proactive relationships with a range of stakeholders at all levels. (Essential)
- Experience of computerised financial systems (Essential)
- Experience of e-tendering systems (Desirable)
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving (Desirable)
- Energetic, passionate and driven with a desire to achieve outstanding results in a team environment and ensure the highest standard of outcomes (Desirable)
Qualifications and Experience Required
- CIPS Procurement qualification or working towards the qualification (Essential)
- Undergraduate qualification in business management, supply chain management or similar discipline (Desirable)
- Full driving licence (Essential)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within a national procurement role at senior level including, but not limited to hospitality, higher education or property services (Essential)
- Demonstrable experience in negotiations at a senior level where it has impacted positively to the businesses long term operational performance (Essential)
- Demonstrable commercial experience in influencing executive/senior management (Desirable)
Our Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working in by following the below values. We expect all our employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a daily basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.