Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary circa £25,000
- 25 Days Holidays Plus Bank Holidays
- Childcare Voucher
- Bike 2 Work
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Pension Scheme
- Life AssuranceWe are now recruiting for a Health & Safety Data Controller on a permanent basis to join our Health & Safety and Environmental Quality (HSEQ) team within the Business Improvement department based in Village Central Manchester.This role offers a great opportunity in a dynamic and growing organisation with strong values and excellent national and development opportunities.
- What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be assisting the HSEQ Manager on a day to day basis by checking that the content of the Business Management System (BMS) is maintained with the appropriate authorisation and that it meets the needs and expectations of all user groups, consulting with interested parties to identify areas for improvement.
- What are we looking for?
- Ensure that the BMS remains well maintained, accessible and available to all interested parties.
- Coordinate any changes to the BMS to ensure they follow the appropriate information control processed and review by the appropriate people within the organization.
- Lead the authoring of documents ensuring that they are technically accurate, fit for purpose and in line with Campus Living Villages’ standards and system requirements.
- Conduct process reviews to ensure that documented information remains relevant to the organization an effective to the end users.
- Identify improvement from information
What technical skills do you need to have?
- Be able to apply Qualitative and Quantitative information
- Ability to process development techniques
- Use of Document Publishing Software (Word, Acrobat) and SharePoint Administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including formal document writing skills) to coordinate with multiple parties.
- Ability to gather information and interpret data.
- Attention to detail.
CLV Core Values
CLV’s goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all CLV employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day to day basis:
Community : Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect : Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality : Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability : Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm : Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, CLV expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.