Investment Manager, Full-time – Permanent
Campus Living Villages (’CLV’) with role to be based in London but with travel from time to time around the UK
Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary circa: £80,000 to £90,000 (dependent on experience)
What are we looking for?
We are now recruiting for an Investment Manager on a permanent basis to join our Commercial team based in Village Central London office in South East London.
This role offers a great opportunity in a dynamic and growing organisation with strong values and excellent national and development opportunities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work within the broader Commercial Team and interact across debt Finance and Valuations
- Take the lead on modelling responsibility for new bid / acquisition, asset improvement and refinancing projects and input into Investment Papers to the CLV Board
- Model build to support business cases for investments, debt refinancing and/or transactions for either bids or acquisitions
- Manage external modelling resources employed for resource or strategic reasons on projects determining model inputs and reviewing model outputs and sensitivities
- Managing and executing tasks encompassing financial modelling and analysis with the delivery of high quality outputs
- Research and analysis of potential investments (internal or external) for consideration by the Commercial Director and if appropriate, the CLV Board for approval
- Using your commercial acumen and ability to work autonomously (albeit seek further direction where required), assist to drive and influence positive behavioural change at CLV
- Critical to have a good knowledge and be able to assess and interpret a large amount of qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources across CLV finance and operational business applications
What technical skills do you need to have?
- Financially literate – adept and comfortable with collating, interpreting and presenting data so that appropriate financial analysis is used to inform business decisions;
- Strong financial and business acumen;
- Able to build and navigate detailed financial models with strong attention to detail
- Strategic thinker, able to assess complex matters and provide timely, relevant, succinct advice
- Articulate, persuasive with strong ability to communicate complicated financial, cash flow, commercial, operation and legal issues to a broad range of stakeholder groups
- Solid Project Management skills with demonstrable success in delivering business projects on time and within budget
- Influencing Change
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to adapt writing style to suit different audiences
- Driven with a desire to achieve outstanding results in a team environment and ensure the highest standard of outcomes
- Demonstrating high ethical standards, integrity and commitment to all business and commercial dealings
- Self-motivated and willing to take the initiative
- An appropriate degree in a finance or accounting related discipline (Essential)
- Extensive previous experience of building, using and presenting outputs from complex financial models and usually consider this to be 5 years+ (Essential)
- Good previous experience of collating, interpreting and presenting data from a range of MI systems and other sources so that appropriate financial metrics are used to inform business decisions (Essential)
- Extensive experience in delivering business projects on time and within budget (Essential)
- Extensive experience in assessing complex matters and provide timely and relevant advice with requisite analysis to Senior Executives (Essential)
- Good prior experience in articulating complicated financial, cash flow, commercial, operation and legal issues to a broad range of stakeholder groups using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel (Essential)
- Experience in negotiating, documenting and reporting on a range of short and long term debt instruments (Essential)
- Experience with PPP style projects (Desirable)
- Experience in the student accommodation sector (Desirable)
CLV Core Values
CLV’s goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all CLV employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day to day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
Closing date for applications: 10th August 2018