What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent position
- Salary: Dependent on Experience
- 40 hours per week
- 25 days holidays, 8 bank holidays and your Birthday day off
- Bike2work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher
- BUPA Membership
- Life Assurance
- 2 Paid Volunteering days a year
- Group Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are now recruiting for an Investment Manager on a permanent basis to join our Commercial team based in Village Central London office in South East London.
This role offers a great opportunity in a dynamic and growing organisation with strong values and excellent national and development opportunities.
What will you be doing?
Work within the broader Commercial Team and interact across debt Finance and Valuations
- Take the lead on modelling responsibility for new bid / acquisition, asset improvement and refinancing projects and input into Investment Papers to the CLVFM Board
- Model build to support business cases for investments, debt refinancing and/or transactions for either bids or acquisitions
- Manage external modelling resources employed for resource or strategic reasons on projects determining model inputs and reviewing model outputs and sensitivities
- Managing and executing tasks encompassing financial modelling and analysis with the delivery of high quality outputs
- Research and analysis of potential investments (internal or external) for consideration by the Commercial Director and if appropriate, the CLVFM Board for approval
- Using your commercial acumen and ability to work autonomously (albeit seek further direction where required), assist to drive and influence positive behavioural change at CLV
- Critical to have a good knowledge and be able to assess and interpret a large amount of qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources across CLV finance and operational business applications
What technical skills do you need to have?
- Financially literate – adept and comfortable with collating, interpreting and presenting data so that appropriate financial analysis is used to inform business decisions
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Able to build and navigate detailed financial models with strong attention to detail
- Strategic thinker, able to assess complex matters and provide timely, relevant, succinct advice
- Articulate, persuasive with strong ability to communicate complicated financial, cash flow, commercial, operation and legal issues to a broad range of stakeholder groups
- Solid Project Management skills with demonstrable success in delivering business projects on time and within budget
- Influencing Change
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to adapt writing style to suit different audiences
- Driven with a desire to achieve outstanding results in a team environment and ensure the highest standard of outcomes
- Demonstrating high ethical standards, integrity and commitment to all business and commercial dealings
- Self-motivated and willing to take the initiative
- An appropriate degree in a finance or accounting related discipline (Essential)
- 5 years’ experience of building, using and presenting outputs from complex financial models (Essential)
- Experience collating, interpreting and presenting data from a range of MI systems and other sources so that appropriate financial metrics are used to inform business decisions (Essential)
- Experience in delivering business projects on time and within budget (Essential)
- Experience in assessing complex matters and provide timely and relevant advice with requisite analysis to Senior Executives (Essential)
- Experience in articulating complicated financial, cash flow, commercial, operation and legal issues to a broad range of stakeholder groups using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel (Essential)
- Experience in negotiating, documenting and reporting on a range of short and long term debt instruments (Essential)
- Experience with PPP style projects (Desirable)
- Experience in the student accommodation sector (Desirable)
Campus Living Villages – Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all Campus Living Villages employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day-to-day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.