* Receives, completes, tracks, and documents outcomes of written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor.
* Performs basic maintenance and general repairs of the building’s exterior and interior systems (plumbing and electrical).
* Provides, tracks and documents preventive maintenance of facilities and facilities’ related equipment.
* Maintains large equipment such as boilers, pumps, swimming pools and HVAC.
* Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts to maintain equipment.
* Prepares apartments for occupancy in accordance with CLV’s make-ready protocols.
* Performs daily tasks necessary to maintain the curb appeal of the facility.
* Performs custodial tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or General Manager.
* Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading storage supplies.
* May assist in coordinating/supervising work performed by outside vendors.
* May assist in an RFP process for securing outside bids for services.
* Completes assigned task with minimal supervision.
* Communicates effectively and tactfully with co-workers and residents of the facility with a positive attitude and strong customer service orientation.
* Must be able to communicate and understand all verbal and written information and instructions.
* Must be able to verbalize and write well to facilitate safety, work completion and other necessary communications.
* Minimum 2-4 years previous experience as a Maintenance Assistant with increasing responsibility.
* Experience/knowledge of common maintenance activities such as HVAC, swimming pool maintenance, and plumbing and electrical systems.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Current EPA and HVAC Certification preferred; Certified Pool Operator certification may be required.