What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Competitive Salary of between £18,000 – £20,000 dependent on experience
- Permanent Position
- 40 hours per week (5 out of 7 days working pattern)
- 25 days Annual Leave plus 8 Public Holidays and Birthday Leave
- Bupa Cash Plan Membership
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Who are we?
Campus Living Villages is a global provider of student accommodation across four regions. We are committed to creating tailored student communities that suit the unique culture of each campus and Universities we work with.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Assistant to join our team at Campus Living Villages, Bournemouth Student Village. You’ll support the Regional Maintenance team in providing quality and cost effective maintenance and care-taking services (which do not require the immediate attention of a trade person).
The successful candidate will need to provide referee details for obtaining references.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position and location you’re applying for.
What will you be doing?
- Perform planned and preventative maintenance work as directed and required, which may include but are not limited to; reactive joinery, reactive plumbing maintenance, minor electrical maintenance that does not involve wiring, small painting and decorating tasks and any other repair work that does not require a qualified tradesperson.
- Perform regular inspections of resident apartments.
- Be the first point of contact for staff and students with problems regarding access to building and problems with equipment.
- Transport furniture and equipment and assist in re-equipping accommodation with small items.
- Clear waste materials to the centralized bins.
- Ad-hoc maintenance of external grounds and car parks.
- Act as a member of the Fire Evacuation team.
- Complete Health and Safety checks and undertake Job Risk Assessments relating to role activities and rectify problems as required.
- Keep accurate and timely inspection, health and safety and maintenance records according to procedure.
- Be available for on-call services outside of normal working hours as directed by the Regional/Assistant Regional Maintenance managers.
- Provide Support and technical assistant to the Village Manager, Regional and Assistant Regional Managers.
What you need to have:
- Basic maintenance skills in a variety of disciplines (Essential)
- Familiarity with Fire, Health and Safety procedures (Essential)
- Ability to use relevant tools and equipment (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of cleaning methods and systems (Desirable)
- IT skills in operating computer based systems e.g. entering data and retrieving information
- Driving Licence (desirable )
- NVQ Level 2 in Building Maintenance or related discipline (Desirable)
- Basic First Aid
Our Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working in by following the below values. We expect all our employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a daily basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.