24 hours per week (3 days out of 7 on a rota basis)
Salary Circa: £12,600
- 25 Days Holidays Plus 8 Bank Holidays (Pro rata)
- Bupa membership
- Childcare Vouchers
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Seasonal Ticket Loans
Who are we looking for?
Due to expansion we are looking for a part time Maintenance Assistant for our Bournemouth Student Village. This role will involve providing quality & cost-effective maintenance & care-taking which do not require the immediate attention of a tradesperson.
What will you be doing?
- Perform Planned and Preventative Maintenance work as directed and required
- Perform reactive joinery maintenance such as lock repairs, door hanging, hinge replacement, fixing noticeboards
- Perform reactive plumbing maintenance such as tap washers, toilet seat replacement, tightening leaking joints
- Perform minor electrical maintenance that does not involve wiring, such as changing lamps, replacing fuses and resetting of MCBs or RCDs (where trained)
- Perform small painting and decorating tasks
- Any other repair work that does not require a qualified tradesperson
- Keep accurate and timely maintenance records according to procedure
- Perform regular inspections of resident apartments and complete inspection checklist
- Be the first point of contact for staff and students with problems regarding access to buildings and problems with equipment
- Transport furniture and equipment to and from rooms
- Assist in re-equipping the flats with small items such as shower curtains, toilet brushes etc.
- Provide assistance to residents and staff who are locked-out of rooms or buildings as requested
- Clear weeds and litter pick the external grounds.
- Clean external grounds and car parks as requested.
- Assist with internal cleaning if required.
You will also:
- Act as a member of the Fire Evacuation team
- Complete regular Health and Safety checks and rectify problems as required
- Maintain accurate and timely records of Health and Safety checks
- Undertake Job Risk Assessments relating to role activities
Do you have the skills?
- Basic maintenance skills in a variety of disciplines (Essential)
- Familiarity with Fire and Health and Safety procedures (Essential)
- Ability to use relevant tools and equipment (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of cleaning methods and systems (Desirable)
- ICT skills in operating computer based systems e.g. entering data and retrieving information
Do you have the qualifications?
- NVQ Level 2 in Building Maintenance or related discipline (Desirable)
- Basic First Aid (Desirable)
CLV Core Values
Our core values are at the heart of the business our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following;
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%