24 hours per week (3 days out of 7 on a rota basis)
Salary Circa: £12,600
25 Days Holidays Plus 8 Bank Holidays (Pro rata)
Employee Benefits Package includes;
Cycle to Work Scheme
Seasonal Ticket Loans
Who are we?
We are a global student accommodation provider across the United Kingdom, Australia, the United States, and New Zealand. We manage student communities around the globe. With business growth soaring in the UK, this is a very exciting time to join us.
Who are we looking for?
Due to expansion we are looking for a part time Maintenance Assistant for our Bournemouth Student Village. This role will involve providing quality & cost-effective maintenance & care-taking which do not require the immediate attention of a tradesperson.
What will you be doing?
- Perform Planned and Preventative Maintenance work as directed and required
- Perform reactive joinery maintenance such as lock repairs, door hanging, hinge replacement, fixing noticeboards
- Perform reactive plumbing maintenance such as tap washers, toilet seat replacement, tightening leaking joints
- Perform minor electrical maintenance that does not involve wiring, such as changing lamps, replacing fuses and resetting of MCBs or RCDs (where trained)
- Perform small painting and decorating tasks
- Any other repair work that does not require a qualified tradesperson
- Keep accurate and timely maintenance records according to procedure
- Perform regular inspections of resident apartments and complete inspection checklist
- Be the first point of contact for staff and students with problems regarding access to buildings and problems with equipment
- Transport furniture and equipment to and from rooms
- Assist in re-equipping the flats with small items such as shower curtains, toilet brushes etc.
- Provide assistance to residents and staff who are locked-out of rooms or buildings as requested
- Clear weeds and litter pick the external grounds.
- Clean external grounds and car parks as requested.
- Assist with internal cleaning if required.
You will also:
- Act as a member of the Fire Evacuation team
- Complete regular Health and Safety checks and rectify problems as required
- Maintain accurate and timely records of Health and Safety checks
- Undertake Job Risk Assessments relating to role activities
Do you have the skills?
- Basic maintenance skills in a variety of disciplines (Essential)
- Familiarity with Fire and Health and Safety procedures (Essential)
- Ability to use relevant tools and equipment (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of cleaning methods and systems (Desirable)
- ICT skills in operating computer based systems e.g. entering data and retrieving information
Do you have the qualifications?
- NVQ Level 2 in Building Maintenance or related discipline (Desirable)
- Basic First Aid (Desirable)
CLV Core Values
Our core values are at the heart of the business our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following;
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%
To apply for any of our vacancies, please send us your CV.
In your email or cover letter, please include the job title and location that you are applying for.