Full Time 40 Hours ( 5 days out of 7 on a rota basis)
25 Days Holidays Plus Bank Holidays
Bike 2 Work
Seasonal Ticket Loan
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Assistant to be based in our Peel Park Quarter Student Village. This role will involve providing quality & cost-effective maintenance & care-taking which do not require the immediate attention of a tradesperson.
What dose the role involve?
- Perform Planned and Preventative Maintenance work as directed and required
- Perform reactive joinery maintenance such as lock repairs, door hanging, hinge replacement, fixing noticeboards
- Perform reactive plumbing maintenance such as tap washers, toilet seat replacement, tightening leaking joints
- Perform minor electrical maintenance that does not involve wiring, such as changing lamps, replacing fuses and resetting of MCBs or RCDs (where trained)
- Perform small painting and decorating tasks
- Any other repair work that does not require a qualified tradesperson
- Keep accurate and timely maintenance records according to procedure
- Perform regular inspections of resident apartments and complete inspection checklist
- Be the first point of contact for staff and students with problems regarding access to buildings and problems with equipment
- Transport furniture and equipment to and from rooms
- Assist in re-equipping the flats with small items such as shower curtains, toilet brushes etc.
- Provide assistance to residents and staff who are locked-out of rooms or buildings as requested
- Clear weeds and litter pick the external grounds.
- Clean external grounds and car parks as requested.
- Assist with internal cleaning if required.
Health and Safety
- Act as a member of the Fire Evacuation team
- Complete regular Health and Safety checks and rectify problems as required
- Maintain accurate and timely records of Health and Safety checks
- Undertake Job Risk Assessments relating to role activities
What you need is:
- Basic maintenance skills in a variety of disciplines (Essential)
- Familiarity with Fire and Health and Safety procedures (Essential)
- Ability to use relevant tools and equipment (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of cleaning methods and systems (Desirable)
- ICT skills in operating computer based systems e.g. entering data and retrieving information
- NVQ Level 2 in Building Maintenance or related discipline (Desirable)
- Basic First Aid
CLV Core Values
CLV’s goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all CLV employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day to day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, CLV expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.