Are you excited by planning and delivering business excellence? Do you love solving complex problems? Do you want to be part of building a high performing team and developing talent for the future?
Campus Living Villages (CLV) aspires to set the global standard in student accommodation. As a business we go beyond providing quality buildings and facilities, working to create exciting communities, learning opportunities and memories for our residents that last a lifetime.
Our Core Values CLV’s goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working within by following the below values. It is expected for all CLV employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a day to day basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and don’t manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and don’t blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
Summary of the Role
- Receives, completes, tracks, and documents outcomes of written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor.
- Performs basic maintenance and general repairs of the building’s exterior and interior systems (plumbing and electrical).
- Provides, tracks and documents preventive maintenance of facilities and facilities’ related equipment.
- Maintains large equipment such as boilers, pumps, swimming pools and HVAC.
- Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts to maintain equipment.
- Prepares apartments for occupancy in accordance with CLV’s make-ready protocols.
- Performs daily tasks necessary to maintain the curb appeal of the facility. Performs custodial tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or General Manager.
- Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading storage supplies.
- May assist in coordinating/supervising work performed by outside vendors.
- May assist in an RFP process for securing outside bids for services.
- Completes assigned task with minimal supervision.
- Communicates effectively and tactfully with co-workers and residents of the facility with a positive attitude and strong customer service orientation.
- Must be able to communicate and understand all verbal and written information and instructions.
- Must be able to verbalize and write well to facilitate safety, work completion and other necessary communications.
- Minimum 2-4 years previous experience as a Maintenance Assistant with increasing responsibility.
- Experience/knowledge of common maintenance activities such as HVAC, swimming pool maintenance, and plumbing and electrical systems.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Current EPA and HVAC Certification preferred; Certified Pool Operator certification may be required.
This Position Description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of all duties and responsibilities. Campus Living Villages reserves the right to change this description at its discretion.