The Maintenance Supervisor manages, plans, schedules and executes work orders and preventive maintenance programs for the Village. Completes work orders and other maintenance tasks when necessary. Facility may include all or some of the following components: offices, resident rooms, laundry facilities, swimming pool, study lounges, parking areas, gym and/or an activity center/community room/clubhouse.
* Performs and/or supervises the daily tasks necessary to maintain the curb appeal and physical integrity of the facility.
* Provides daily maintenance service to resident’s units as requested by resident via a work order system.
* Coordinates with Leasing Director and General Manager to stay current on move-out and move-in schedule in order to perform maintenance on vacated make-ready vacant units.
* Develops and implement a preventive maintenance program.
* Coordinates and supervises all work performed by outside contractors.
* Develops and maintains rapport with outside vendors, suppliers and contractors.
* Solicits and reviews outside bids for services.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
* Oversees and maintains Key Control Policies and Procedures
* Purchases and maintains the inventory needed on-site to perform daily maintenance duties.
* Develops annual maintenance plan to align with the repair and maintenance needs of the Village.
* Assists with the development of the Cap Ex plans.
* Maintains a monthly maintenance budget.
* Prepares for annual turn.
* Compiles a variety of reports relating to the maintenance operations of the property.
* Participates when necessary in an on-call rotational duty for evening/weekend hour emergency response.
* Responds to emergency maintenance calls.
* Maintains accurate records for furniture, keys and fixture inventories.
* Inventories all tools and equipment used in maintenance activities and ensure tools and equipment are maintained in good and safe working condition.
* Supervises and coordinate work shifts for Maintenance Technician(s) and Housekeeping Supervisor, as applicable with assistance of Village GM.
* Evaluates the performance of the Maintenance Technician(s) and Housekeeping Supervisor, as applicable.
* Assists in the hiring and training of the necessary personnel for the Maintenance and Housekeeping Departments, including OSHA training and all relevant reporting.
* Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in all aspects of maintaining a large scale multi-family apartment complex containing a pool, laundry, office/community room and/or fitness center.
* Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience.
* Experience in common maintenance items such as drywall repair, swimming pool maintenance and phone systems.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* HVAC and CPO Certifications required.
* Completion of workshops in the areas of air conditioning repair, plumbing, electrical and heating systems preferred.