What’s on offer?
These include but are not limited to:
- Permanent Position
- 42 hours per week average
- 25 days Annual Leave plus 8 Public Holidays and Birthday Leave
- Bupa Cash Plan Membership
- Group Life Assurance
- 2 x Paid Volunteering days per year
- Group Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Who are we?
Campus Living Villages is a global provider of student accommodation across four regions. We are committed to creating tailored student communities that suit the unique culture of each campus and Universities we work with.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently looking for a Night Concierge to join our team at Campus Living Villages, Newport Student Village. You will work closely with out village team to provide front of house services and respond to queries. You’ll also provide accommodation administrative services, such as locating rooms, taking bookings and monitoring payments and charges at the village.
The successful candidate will need to provide referee details for obtaining references.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com stating the position and location you’re applying for.
What will you be doing?
- Providing customer service and establish positive relationships with residents, Resident Life team, colleagues, suppliers and stakeholders
- Develop, plan and deliver Resident Life activities alongside the rest of the team.
- Carry out front office/reception administrative duties such as;
- Answer village phones
- Book taxi’s and assist with luggage
- Monitoring email accounts and responding to emails promptly
- Prepare Welcome packs and check-in information to residents and issue keys
- Conduct regular student surveys
- General clerical assistance
- Process customer bookings and payments, such as payments of rent and other charges in accordance with residential policies and procedures.
- Assist in the management of village debt.
- Assist with Sales and Marketing tasks such as, conducting resident and visitor tours of the village, outbound sales calls and update sales reports on StarRez database
- Conduct room inspections
- To be the point of contact for any issues or incidents, involving emergency services where necessary.
- Record incidents in the village and alert the Village Manager/Duty Manager accordingly
- Ensure security staff conduct their required duties.
- Maintain and adhere to a good Health and Safety practice
- Issue and close maintenance work orders where required
- Execute small maintenance and cleaning jobs such as;
- Change light bulbs
- Repair door locks
- Change batteries
- Replace furniture and white goods as required.
- Ensure communal areas are kept clean
- Carry out emergency housekeeping tasks where required
What you need to have:
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks in order to manage all questions, queries and deliveries, and complete daily cashing up of payments made at reception
- Ability to manage conflicting agendas and deadlines
- Excellent phone manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on a rota system, 4 days on 4 days off
- Initiative to resolve issues and find solutions
- Diploma in Hotel or Business Administration (Desirable)
- Previous experience in a Customer Service role (Essential)
- Extensive knowledge of software systems including Microsoft Office and databases (Essential)
Our Core Values
Our goal is to CREATE a culture that we all enjoy working in by following the below values. We expect all our employees to demonstrate the values listed below on a daily basis:
Community: Be part of the ONE team and pursue the team goal.
Respect: Be tolerant and accepting of colleagues and customers and do not manipulate, demean or mistreat people.
Equality: Endeavour to treat everyone the same, regardless of their role.
Accountability: Work hard, work smart and do not blame others.
Trust: Be forthright, candid and deliver on your promises.
Enthusiasm: Be passionate in what you do and give 100%.
In addition to the Core Values listed above, Campus Living Villages expects a high level of professional behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct.